Is it too risky to get a tattoo if I want to make a law career?

My mother recently made a tattoo(she's a nurse) and asked me if I want to have one - I said yes and I really want it, but the problem is - right now at least I want to be a lawyer(or a prosecutor) when I finish school/university. Is it very risky if I make a tattoo? I wanted to have it on my upper back and it would be somewhere between 10 inches long and ~1.5 inches tall.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you can cover it up, and it doesn't show through your shirts, then I say it's OK to get one. :)

I would avoid the forearms and the leg region below the knee; keep your tattoo region at the torso, and the furthest out being the shoulder.

What you plan on getting as your tattoo?

P.S. I commend you for being smart about your tattoo choices. So many people get tattoos and don't even THINK about the future. Good for you. :)

• Thank you for answering!

If I will make a tattoo someday, it will be somewhere on my back, so no forearms or leg region :)

Also - as a very sceptical person I'm not planning to do something fanbase- related, since I know that it won't have a good end. :)

As for the idea - I wanted to have a 'killjoy' sign (nothing related with the movie with the same name of course :) )

What Guys Said 5

• If you can cover it up then it shouldn't be a problem ... as a fanatic for the tattoo and body mod community I would suggest not doing it for a year, simply because if you don't want it in a year then you saved yourself some heartache and if you do still desire it then you'll be less likely to regret it...

Remember tattooing is a Permanent body modification, you have the Possibility to remove the ink but where that was you may still have scars

(Hope that helps! Make an informed decision (= )

- A body piercer and licensed nurse with 4 tattoos, 9 piercings, 2 scarifications, and a 5 inch Mohawk (usually styled to hide it)

• I have a good idea for a tattoo on you...

[in script lettering on your forehead] HOW DO YOU KNOW A LAWYER IS LYING? HIS MOUTH IS MOVING!

• haha :DD

I actually wanted something law related, but I already got an idea. :)

• I will never get why anyone (other than drunks) wish to get tattoos...female skin is awesome and most males revere it...why would you want to disfigure yourself permanently? Put on a temporary tattoo...speaking from my age---> there is NOTHING that you will be that enamored with for your entire lifetime, so why "brand" yourself?...That is why I always tell girls on here not to tie their tubes or laser their pubes...your whole outlook on life will be different in 15 or 20 years...just don't do anything that is irreversible and that you might bitterly regret later..o.O

• Not risky at all if you're careful with the placement. For proof just Google: "Marisa Kakoulas". She's a "New York lawyer, writer and tattoo nerd".

• If you get it in a secluded part of your body, then I'd say it's fine.

What Girls Said 5

• As long as it can be covered up in your outfit did you should be fine

• If you get a tattoo make sure that you can cover it up with ease. You don't want to get something that can be seen through your shirt if you take of your jacket unless you can cover it with surgical tape or make up. don't get anything on your legs or arms if you do not plan on wearing long sleeves or pants in the summer time heat.

• I'm pretty much sure it will only be seen unless I wear a swimsuit or a dress.

• If you go to company parties and your dress has the back out it might be wise to cover it with make up. You really don't want them to know that you have a tattoo if you are going to practice law.

• well you will wear shirts and suits as a laywer so unless you tattoo your hands, face or neck you will be fine

• Get a glow in the dark one

• W8 til 18