Is it true that people don't really find blondes attractive?

Because if so, then why do I always see people dying their hair blonde? It's just something that's puzzling me. Can anyone please explain or just plain ol' answer? I'd appreciate that. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's just that the media and look has tainted the blondes. Basically a blond looks "sexier" because it is brighter and looks more appealing. Brunttes get the rap for best relationships because their hair is t as noticeably vibrant so there is less a reaction of "gotta tap that"

It's all psychology :p I'm a dirty blond, like a bruntte blond hybrid so I guess I can have fun and be serious all cause my hair is a certain color :p

What Guys Said 12

• Totally not true. Blondes are great! Fun, and beautiful.

• the whole "blonds have more fun, blonds are sexier" thing is nothing more than Hollywood/Madison Avenue nonsense. Pretty hair is appealing. Anyone who screens girls on the basis of hair color is shallow indeed.

• That's so wrong!

I find blond girls so adorable and attractive, they are my preference and I don't care how people react I'm not afraid to state it.

Also all of my girlfriends have been blondes.

• Some guys like blondes, some like brunettes.

Some of the polls I've seen suggest more guys like brunettes, however, brunettes are MUCH more common, so the blondes that exist get lots of attention.

• Brunettes are seen as more relationship material, while blondes are fun to hook up with every once in a while.

• Why is that, do you suppose? Not trying to start anything; just want to learn. :)

• I don't know if science can explain it, just studies and polls show that brunettes are perceived to be more intelligent, independent, worldly, and just better suited for marriage than other hair colors. As far as the blond fun hook up thing, that's just my opinion.

• Everyone loves Blondes!

• I find every hair color attractive. That being said I do not see why everyone wants to dye their hair blonde.

• Some of my friends prefer blondes...personally I prefer brunettes...usually dated brunettes and married one...(:(:(:

• i find blondes attractive

• I find blondes attractive.

• i do find them attractive, but they're just not one of my preferences is all.

• Yes, blondes just sexy (they have higher levels of estrogen).

What Girls Said 4

• Only if its not their natural color

• so if they are naturally blond, they look better than those who are not (in your opinion)? Just want to be clear :)

• Well in white world(to white people) its the most attractivve and sometimes due to media other races believe that and try to change themselves..I on the other hand find them least attractive and think redheads are the rare gem..but anyways I'm not white or at least not enough to count/show..I think you should love and accept and embrace your natural self not compete with the. Medias standard of beautyy and as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Blonde hair blue eyes is usually least attractive to me

• not true it is a matter of opinion and preference and really it is about features. some guys have a thing for blondes and some have a thing for brunettes but if mr blond fan can still find a brunette who catches his fancy or vice versa.

there are pretty and ugly brunettes, blondes, and any other color.

there is something about blond hair though that stands out and is more eye catching than brown hair.but I think fake blond hair is often trashy and ugly. I understand if a girl is dirty blond or very light brown and lightens her hair or highlights it for a more "blonde look" but if she is a natural brunette especially with a brunette's skin tone and brown eyes, blond hair often looks cheap and fake.