How do you feel about the phrase beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Is it a bunch of bull sh*t? Or is there something to it and it's really real...

For example, a guy found a girl that most people thought was unattractive to be beautiful.

And would that same guy find someone that was beautiful to most to also be beautiful. Or would he find her unattractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not bullsh*t at all. I still think my ex is the hottest guy I've ever personally met, but one of my friends is not the SLIGHTEST bit attracted to him, and can't see how anyone else is.

Similarly, I've liked some guys and not liked others. I do NOT think Ryan Gosling is handsome. I can't see what everyone else sees. And guys do the same with me. Some like me, some don't (which means some are crazy!)

You absolutely cannot please everyone. Some guys will find you irresistible. Others will not give you a second glance. It's the way life works.

What Guys Said 7

• There is much truth to that. While many specifics people agree are attractive, there is a large variance too.

Everyone has their preferences.

• I feel that phrase is 100% true with all of my heart.

• Beauty is skin deep and ugliness is right to the bone.

• I think it coincides with you must love yourself before you can love others

therefore you must think you are beautiful before anyone else can say that

• Half true. Beauty is also in yourself.

• I think the phrase is completely true.

• 100% true. The only thing that matters is if you think they are beautiful, not what other people think. Those people who have to have other peoples approval are shallow & will never be satisfied because in the end, you are the one who has to live with, see them everyday, not them.

What Girls Said 4

• Absolutely! For example, my celebrity crushes tend to be kind of weird looking. Matt Smith, David Tennant, Benedict Cumberbatch to name a few. My fellow teenage girls have difficulty understanding why I'm not into Justin Bieber or anybody from One Direction.

• I think generally when it comes to someone being attractive, opinions aren't too far out from being the same,

• Everyone has a different taste. In fact, a number of guys don't find Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox attractive, everything is relative. I think the saying holds true.

• Angelina Jolie is not attractive. Megan fox is OK, but just a little too unrealistic.

• I don't think that's true.I don't think that the most beautiful person on Earth is found unattractive by some