Will my second date outfit be too casual?

Hey Guys,

Yesterday I went out on a first date (blind date). The guy liked me and asked me out on a second date. He wants to eat/watch a movie at his place. I have a feeling that he is short on cash so I am hoping that that is why he is asking me to his house instead of actually taking me out to dinner.

'm thinking of wearing lounge clothes (form fitting/lightweight hoodie, low-cut tank, and soft pants). Will he be offended? Is that way to casual? Will I come off as not caring, or will he just think that I'm a chill girl? I figure that I'll be comfortable and that the outfit will send a clear message that I don't want to have sex haha.

(I wore a tight low-cut top on our first date. Usually I wear a form-fitting dress on a second date/dinner date, but obviously that won't be appropriate if we are just sitting on his couch lol)

idk guys..is it OK to wear lounge clothing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know dressing 'comfy' would be an iffy sign.

• why do you think it would be iffy?

• Well for me it would give off a lack of care I guess, some girls look really cute in certain hoodies. But I personally have clothes I wear around the house/work. Because I usually end up ripping them or something lol. I keep the nicer stuff for when I'm hanging out, going to a party etc. While you don't want to wear a dress and etc. It would be nice to still dress up somewhat with jeans etc. Rather than lounge around the house clothes honestly, it gives off a bit of an I don't care vibe.

What Guys Said 7

• Ok, been short of cash, but I wad up front about it. Second date, try to do something away from home...hers/mine.

Nothing wrong with what you are wearing, ask if he would like to head to a park someplace cheap, free or pick some film you'd rather see in theater...offer to buy tickets, pay your way.

Yes, lots of hinting, but figure cash tight, if he works with you, maybe he just likes you and isn't inviting you over to get into your pants.

But even if that is not his goal this time, at some point he will want to get into your pants...

• If its the second date with a girl I'm interested in, no matter how cash strapped I am I'll be counting pennies to go out and do something with you, even if its just to grab some coffee and go out for a walk or whatever the f***.

I'm almost 95% sure that watching a movie is the last thing he truly wants.

Then again I don't know the guy so I really can't say, there is still a small chance that in his opinion this really is just a harmless movie night, but since this is only your second time seeing each other... well yeah, small chance.

I'd be less worried about what you wear but how you'll get away from the awkward moment of you realizing he's just trying to get your pants off.

• Hmm that's fair! How do I get out of this/get him to change the dating venue? I don't want to be awkward...

• He's not short on cash.

He wants to try for something physical.

• lol...yeh. I think that that's a possibility as well. I have ZERO interest in sex..kissing sure, but nothing more. I think that my outfit will send a clear message that I'm not DTF :) Do you agree?

Lets imagine that he actually is trying to have a nice/sex-free date. Would lunge clothing be terribly offensive?

• How do I get him to change the venue? I don't want to be super awkward about it...

"i've been thinking about it, and I was wondering if you might be open to meeting up in a place that is not your home..." lmao..that sounds extremely awkward.

• Maybe simply say that perhaps you should have another date or do out before doing an at home date. If he pushes back go anyway if you like - the message has still been sent that you're not likely to get naked.

• yes

• I think it's just fine to wear that type of clothing.

• Do you have a picture of a similar outfit? Kind of hard to tell from just your description. As for your first date, how tight and low cut was your top, and how busty are you? Was the guy starring? That might suggest that wearing a low cut tank would be very well received.

• I'm D-cups, so yeh I see your point. I don' think that I want to meet him at his house anymore. The only way I can send a clear message that I don't want to have sex is if I don't show up at his house.

How can I ask him to change the date location? I think being brutaly honest will be awkward.

• Nope. the date happens on Saturday. I'm pretty sure the outfit in not proper. it reveals far too much cleavage. I'm gonna opt for something more conservative. a t-shirt and jeans :)

• Try on both outfits and post a link. Happy to weigh in with an outside opinion!

• Do you have a picture in a similar outfit? Also, what did your tight low-cut top look like from date one? How big are your boobs, and was he starring?

What Girls Said 2

• I would go with some comfy yet classy jeans. Skinney jeans look a little dressier than regular jeans. Just something that can go with either mood.

• That definitely makes sense :)

• i would go with skinny jeans and a tank if its warm out. if its cold perhaps a skinny jeans and a sweater. just wear some flats or flip-flops to dress it down. and don't over do the make up. plus if you are cold at his house you can borrow one of his hoodies :)