Why would a person assume a person's personality based on their hair color?

Why would a person assume a person's personality based on their hair color? It makes no sense. 9 times out of 10 people say blondes are fun playful and sometimes stupid...but it is false. What if my real hair color was brown and I bleached it blonde? What if I am a natural blond and I behave like Hilary clinton. What is up with his hair color and personality theory. Hair color shouldn't make a person automatically assume personalities. Stereotypes.

Even*

Most Helpful Guy

• A stereotype isn't a stereotype if is true. What beats my understanding is why would this tick you off. I mean one person may base personality on color,another on beauty ,another on body features,another on education. Just because they do,doesn't mean it is correct. Next time just accept the personality because by doing so you become better and prove them wrong .a philosopher said what you resist persists. Just let it go,because even if you wrote 1000 best sellers to convince people,nothing will happen. Some people will think that way ,some don't. It is the same reason why students taught by same teacher get different marks. Just how you respond to situations.

• Hmm, seems you old kermit there differ there in whether stereotypes are true or not...

• BTW, I believe you are correct here. People who buy into stereotypes are just too lazy & simple minded to get to know people for who they really are. Hmm, maybe they are a stereotype all of their own?

What Guys Said 6

• People are retarded, anywhere you go you get people like this. I had people totally stereotype me based off of my star sign, and the fact that I'm Irish. They assume that I must drink myself into a coma on a regular basis and that I HAVE TO HAVE RED HAIR AND FRECKLES! I've even had people go as far as saying that I have long eyelashes so I must be gay... I mean how does something as simple as hair color, or ethnicity, determine what I'm like as a person. How does the fact that I have large quantities eumelanin in my hair genetically alter the areas of my genome that code for personality... It honestly makes no sense when you look at it logically or scientifically.

• Actually, I think you could have just stopped after your first 3 words. lol But your following explaination was good too. :D

• thanks ha ha I felt like going on a bit of a rant, have to let myself go sometimes :D

• It isn't logical of course! Phrenology wasn't logical. Racism isn't logical! But, then, humans are rarely logical to begin with!

• For the same reasons that one might base things off of the color of ones skin or eyes, height or weight.

Got to get off the looks. To me they do not matter, you can be a model on the out side and ugly as all hell on the inside.

• Studies have shown that stereotypes have some truth to it. Guys were tested before dating a blond girlfriend then during and their IQ scores dropped. Unconsciously they acted dumber for whatever reason. We instinctively do things to blend in, picking up the same language, behaviorisms, etc. I know I pick up a southern accent if I'm talking to someone with a heavy accent. Just human nature.

• They're being morons.

• I guess if the hair color is some random bright color, they might think the person's outgoing, not your typical average person.

What Girls Said 1

• People assume this because they are small minded & too lazy or simple minded to get to know someone for who they truly are. As I said to drakelove08, maybe those folks are a stereotype of their very own. But trust me, if people pre-judged them unfairly, they would be the first ones to cry foul the very loudest.