Am I one of the few people that can't get into tattoos?

I know some people say they have a meaning behind them and it is a way for them to express themselves, but I just can't get into them. I remember a couple of years ago my mother asked me if I wanted one because my cousin had just got hers, and I told her no. I just don't really see the purpose of them and they look trashy to me. When you have to go to work they make you cover them up and when you get old it looks disgusting. I won't tell a guy I won't date him because he gas a tattoo, but it just really isn't that appealing to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats the most common thing anyone will say about their tattoos, I mean they have them and its staying there. Might as well justify to people why you got it if they are staying there...

Some countries will not allow you to get a decent job at all especially if the tattoo is visible... just seems like it'd be a nuisance. It tend to look a bit trashy from my perspective but that's just my opinion. I prefer natural girls anyway, I turn away from looking at a girl I see with tattoos as I do when they smoke..

I do tend to find it retarded when people get tattoos that they have no clue about. Its not uncommon for someone with no belief in God to get tattoos with religious symbols on but it just makes me think WHY, especially when its one they don't even know the meaning off

What Guys Said 12

• I doubt it, I'm not big on them either, don't hate them, but just not really into them. If a woman has small tattoos I'll probably not mind, but if she's covered then I'll be turned off a little.

You're right about jobs, many of the really good ones, jobs that pay well and have outstanding bennies and perks, don't appreciate tattoos either.

• Nope you're not alone. I only like small ones, but big ones that cover arms or legs just look tacky to me. Besides, we'd be in a boring world if everyone liked the same thing. :3

• No you are not the only one I don't care for them.. I know my friend says he always has to get one every few months.. I don't understand the point.

• I never really was into them either, a few friends of mine are into them for the artistic side of things but I just never saw the appeal. I suppose they see it as striking and courageous to make their body their canvas.

• Here is my favorite tattoo! link

• I don't like them either.

• You may be one of a few, yes. I don't mind them, and am considering getting one, mainly to support autism. Sorry if you don't like that. Of course, there's the money and guts thing where I have to get both before I can get one.

• same here.

i've never liked them, and when someone tells me I should get a tattoo, I get pissed.

• I never liked them and never saw why so many people wanted one.

• Was beginning to think I was the only one smh

• I've never really like them. It seems with laser removal a lot of people have them now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to follow the crowd and get tranquility tattooed on my ass in kanji characters...

• Well I'm the same way, never attracted to them.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm on the fence about tattoos too, I suppose. They're fun to look at on other people, but even if I find some design that means something to me, I most likely won't ever get one. I love my pale skin too much to cover it. haha.

• Me either I keep thinking I'll regret

• Yeah they look trashy to me too. I mean I don't mind seeing them on other people, but they just aren't appealing to me. The only place I'd get one is on my back where it's not noticeable unless I'm naked on wearing a bikini

• ,don't worry Okats

• Me too

• You're right. I don't like them at all either. This is just our opinion and preference.