An argument gone WAY wrong - now she wants me wearing nail polish!

I just don't understand women. Got into an argument with my g/f. She didn't want to wear a very nice, expensive and not trampy, nightie that I got her last March (worn once so far). She was doing her nails at the time the discussion/argument began. Anyway she ultimately said why don't you wear a nightie and get your nails done?

I said, jokingly that her nightie would be too big (I was just kidding, she's tiny) and that what she was painting was not my color. Bad move on my part. She came back with, I'll go buy you one that fits and make an appointment at the nail place for a manicure and pedicure. She isn't joking either. Now what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Men will never fully understand women, we are really confusing at times I have to admit but I couldn't help but laugh at this when I read your question. well what you should do is discuss it with her as to why she didn't want to wear that item of clothing that you bought for her. maybe she had a bad day and just got annoyed, women tend to do that. but saying that I will also add that you must be careful as to what you say to a woman because sometimes we take things seriously and we usually keep our threats and things we say. so apologise to her. and if she still wants you to go for the manicure, go ahead. it will be something to laugh about for years to come.

• Tell me about it...memories like an elephant :) Hoping it was a bad day and she does forget. We'll see.

What Girls Said 9

• She isn't joking. She is testing whether you want to be submissive to her in the relationship. And I'm guessing that, deep down, you do. So go for it, give it a try, and see how it feels. If you both like it, great. If not, just treat it as a fun experiment, and move on.

• She seems like a total brat. And nothing.. if she doesn't have any part of her body that can TAKE A JOKE.. that's ridiculous. She seems pretty bitchy to me! Your a grown man I'm pretty sure if you don't want a mani/pedi you don't have to get one. If she's that uptight then you should leave her now. Im sorry I'm being so harsh but she is ridiculous. If she wants to buy you one for a guy that is expensive, and really nice.. then let her and thank her. But if she's going to try to "get you back" by JOKING around and honestly buying her an amazing nightie then you should just leave. if she is going to waste her money just to be a bitch then that is completely ridiculous! Just leave now, or drop it.

• It's not life or death here. She's got a lot of great qualities. It was just her comeback over my sarcastic remarks. Not leaving her over it. Just wanted a female's perspective.

• Lol I'm saying if she can't take a joke, maybe she isn't the right person for you. and if you asked my perspective why would you give me a thumbs down. that's a little messed up now isn't it?

• Play along with the game. Do what she says and give her a laugh. Tell her why you are doing it (hopefully because you love her). In the end things will calm down. Even though it was a bad move on your part to keep adding wood to the fire, you created your self a situation where you can win! Wear the nightie and paint your nails, than give her a kiss on the cheek or forehead and confess to her how much you love her.... She will be "back to normal" soon. Hope all goes well!

Alls well that ends well!

• Your comment seems to be the consensus. I might try the jockstrip thing first ( a comment on here). Just hope I don't dig myself a deeper hole. We'll see this coming weekend. Just need to go buy a jockstrap. Haven't worn one in a while. Thanks for the advice.

• You are very much welcome! Your girlfriend will probably forget about the whole situation but keep your word and it might turn out better than you think! Good Luck

• I've never asked a guy to do that and I don't know why she did. I'm guessing it's because she's tired of being pushed to wear that nightie. You should lay off or say your sorry. But guys can get pedicures. It's just to clean up their feet and keep their nails nice looking.

• Did you ever notice that guys don't like to apologize, or at least admit they were wrong? Plus, I wouldn't call asking her to wear something I got for her being pushy. Like I said, we don't like being wrong:)

• Haha put it on for the laugh that will shut her up!!

• Easy for you to say. Plus I really don't feel like going to get my nails done. Glad you got a chuckle out of this though :)

• Easy for me to say ??ha ive done plenty things that ppl thought they were smart by saying it!! its just a smater way to there comeback!!

• Suck it up and pick a nice color that matches the nightie she gets you..

• Unfortunately, I think it might go that way. Slight chance she isn't serious, but I think she is. You never know, stranger things have happened. The Pats might lose in the Super Bowl.....nuts, I'm screwed. At least she's buying :)

• I don't think she likes that and i'm sure she knows you don't like to wear lingerie and paint your nails, B ut really wants to show you how it is, To do what you don't like to do so you understand her.

• Do what she says. She doesn't sound like someone I would mess with.

p.s. Sounds like you have yourself a very smart girl. Hang on to her :)

• She just wants to play around with you come on don't be a party pooper! Don't you know that nail polish can be removed very easily. Don't take every thing she says too seriously. Good luck with the nightie : )

What Guys Said 4

• OK, a joke is a joke; but, really, men (if they are real men) don't wear nail polish with a manicure / pedicure. What's next? Arched eyebrows with eyeshadow? Come on....may as well be a transvestite!

Sorry, this is way too kinky for me!

• Dont do it just tell her nicely its not your thing and you'll leave that for the ladies. she's testing you, testing you to see if you are what she considers a strong or weak guy. She may also think year a little funny, so that's her test to see, or of course she may be joking well regardless say whatevers on year mind, that's always best.

• Go for it! Wish my girl would offer that.

• I don't understand why she would say, "If you want me to put on sexy women's clothing, _you_ have to put on sexy women's clothing." Have her wear a jock strap or something...

I guess if she's willing to show you "how hard it is to be a girl" by having a refreshing manicure and pedicure, take her up on it.

• I agree with the first part but about the mani-pedi I think that's totally ridiculous and why should he have to get his nails done because she feels like being a bitch about something that isn't even nearly a big deal?

• First, I don't wear a jockstrap when I jump into bed, so why would she? I'm really not in a great bargaining position here, but I'll consider the jockstrap comeback.. Second, I always give her abuse that getting her nails done is a waste of money

• I jokingly mentioned the jock strap because it's probably not something that a girl would want to wear (just like a guy and a nightie). I guess the manicure/pedicure thing makes sense if she's trying to prove a separate point.