Why are glasses thought of being highly unattractive?

I keep getting told that getting rid of my glasses would be a good idea. I've had glasses for well over a decade now and I can't function all without them. I can't have contacts, doctor doesn't recommend them and at the strength I need them, they are very expensive. And laser eye surgery won't do much, I'm too high risk.

Why are glasses seen as highly unattractive? They at least make some really nice frames now. I have friends that take them off and would rather walk around half blind than be seen wearing glasses. Guys, is a girl wearing glasses really such a turn-off?

0|1
6|9

Most Helpful Girl

• ive worn glasses for about 2 years now and have been told I look so much better with them, and my boyfriend even likes them, so no I see.glasses as a good thing. why walk about half blind just to look good? I don't understand that. don't listen to what people have to say about glasses.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! I don't see the point either, I've had glasses for so long, I can't imagine not wearing them.

• Show All
    • I can go without them but it's not fun. I mainly taught myself how to "see" without them so I can get around my house if I must. My lens are thick enough that I have to be careful what frames I pick or they get really heavy.

• mine aren't that bad yet, so I don't have to worry. I can't walk round my house without mine. id find myself falling over my dog

What Guys Said 9

• My girl, she wears glasses.. and it doesn't at all matter to me in any way. but to advise you, you can get a sexy looking pair of specs.. and try new haircut/hairstyle to go on with your glasses.. (many guys get turned on by a sexy but with a nerdy look with glasses girl ). it is said use your weakness as a weapon... so use your glasses to kill guys with your poisonous look. ( have a look at sexy nerdy girls on Google images ) .

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. LOL, I'll take a look. I need to get this frame replaced soon anyway.

• Always at your service. my pleasure. get a good frame.. ;)

• Huh? It's probably the shape of them, some glasses look really hot.

I like this shape:

link

link

I DONT like this shape:

link

link

link

0|0
    0|0
    • Agreeing on the don'ts plus those frames would get way too heavy. I have a pair sort of like the first link.

• I don't think glasses are unattractive at all. In fact I have meet girls that I think their glasses make them more attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since when?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never thought they were unattractive in the least. I have also never heard anyone say they were,unless they were a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • A girls eyes are her the most telling part of her body ! When we wake up next to them int's their eyes we look into. Glasses are great ! Something else to take off in the heat of the moment ! :-)

0|0
    0|0
    • LOL, yep, that usually one of the best reasons I can think of to take them off.

• i think girls with glasses look sexy!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in my book!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think glasses are unattractive...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• lol...no.

Some guys have fetishes for glasses.

0|0
    1|0
  • I guess because they're like accessories since you can take them off

0|0
    0|0
  • glasses aren't a big deal. if yo have frames that suit your face, you'll be hot regardless.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure either sunglasses are cute or hot

0|0
    0|0
  • Its cute

0|0
    0|0