Do girls like it when guys get their haircut?

I know some guys girls like better with longer hair but every time I get a haircut I always get compliments about how I look sharp with it.

I was thinking about getting it cut tight and clean on the sides and back but left longer on top like 1-2 inches? Do girls like this?

I have dark brown hair by the way if that matters at all.
Dark brown/blackish

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend decided to do the short on sides and long on top look. It looked horrible, but it's just because it wasn't something he personally could pull off.

There are a lot of guys who can make it work you just need to style it properly.

In my opinion though, guys look good with hair that is short enough not to get tangled but long enough to look sexy when it's roughed up.

What Girls Said 11

• Some girls do, some girls don't. They shouldn't judge you based on your haircut. Just be yourself, have your own style and don't conform to what you think other people like. If the haircut suits you, go for it!

• Actually I do. Even if the haircut comes out too short or something.

I find it gives a clean, fresh look.

• it really depends on your face shape and life style. if you have an angular face, shorter hair will really hi light that. I love angular faces.

• im a hairstylist, and I have a lot of guys wear that look (kinda like a military cut, in a sense) and I've always thought it looked attractive, but since I don't know what your face looks like I can't really say whether it would be good or bad looking... sorry, I know that doesn't really help :/

• We definitely notice whether we like it or not we'll probably comment like once I was like' you cut your hair,whyy it was so nice curly'

• Hmmm...I like it when my guy's hair is just a little bit longer (right before he cuts it). It's a bit messy in the mornings, gives me a bit more to run my fingers through, etc.

But damn does he look good when he gets it cut. He looks smart, well groomed, and like you said 'sharp'.

I go for shorter on guys every time, but it's nice to have that few days before the hair cut to see him all sexy with bedhead.

• Ya I usually notice. And hair color doesn't really matter

• I personally just think guys look better with short hair and I'll only compliment it if it actually looks good. I think that cut will look good since it does on most men.

• do what you think is right, its your hair not everyone will love it but change is good and can be very attractive

• Depends on your face shape.

• i like short hair ... or dreads but after its first cut I'm not really a fan I like fluffy hair LOL

What Guys Said 0