Are you attracted to people who look like yourself/familiar?

I just read a study about... I was thinking about it and actually I think this is often the truth, when I look at couples around me they often have similar features. Or people that I'm attracted to most often also have dark hair and blue eyes just like me. What do you think about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I find a variety of looks appealing. White girls have the mos variation, but I've also been attracted to different types of asians, blacks, Latinas, etc. There doesn't seem to be one over-arching theme that I have to have, based on looks similar to my own.

What Guys Said 9

• No way no how! I'm attracted to people with opposite features of mine. I had blond hair growing up, now dark blond, but I prefer black hair. I have blue eyes, but I really prefer brown eyes. I have pale skin, but I prefer darker skin tones. A female version of me would be like ewwww lol!

• I don't know what to think, since attraction is so subjective anyway. I'm a brown haired, green eyed, sharp faced white guy. My lady is a black haired, brown eyed, rounded face Sri Lankan girl.

I've always liked darker girls, so I'd say it's false for me at least.

• Girls who look like me (a guy)? No way!

• 50/50

• No not for me.

I like girls with a large contrast between eyes and hair and I have black hair and brown eyes

• I have green eyes, light brown hair and angled facial features, but I'm the most attracted to girls who got blue or green eyes, blond hair and soft facial features - it's pretty much the opposite.

• Yeah you are stuck up

• What does this has to do with it? It just science link

• I don't know.. I don't remember it.

• Then maybe you should unblock and refriend?

• Attracted to similar look? No.

• No way! I am Asian I am so desperate for a white girl :D Actually if what you saying is true then inter-cultural marriages should never happen by natural law. Obviously this is not the case, so how can your statement be true?

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it's accurate for me, I like people who usually look very different. But I see that pattern sometimes so it's not completely off base.

• I am more attracted to people who look the opposite of me.

• yes, there's some truth behind this.

now that I think about it, the guys I was and am attracted to have similar facial features, not too extreme, but they do and I always like dark eyes and dark hair, just like myself :)

• No. That is false for me.

White guys are the complete opposite.

• I'd say its true you aren't attractive and you aren't white like me :)

• well, I'm not really inclined to like Asian guys, but I'm attracted to guys with dark hair and dark features.