Guys would you date a plus size girl..etc

i had a conversation with this guy on here and he said that , when men get money they get the woman they always wanted. and its usually a model or a girl that looks like she can be a model. He said that guys only date plus size girls because they can't get any other girls. do guys settle for women because they can't get the girl of there dreams?

Most Helpful Guy

• My friends think that way. They never said anything before, even though I do have a master's degree. Now that I'm working on getting a doctor of pharmacy degree, any girl I hang out with my friends are all saying things about how I'm aiming too low and selling myself short and how the girls aren't good enough for me, and once my degree is finished I'll have my pick of girls. They'll see the status of a pharmacist and they'll see the money. However, I don't think like that. I like the ones I choose, that's why I choose them to start with. It's not settling. But yeah...some guys are like that, but clearly not all.

• and I respect you for that. most everyday average men date everyday average women. but those everyday average women aren't good enought once men get a little status.

What Guys Said 15

• You are kind of using an extreme example, but I'll go ahead and take it to its logical conclusion:

Women find rich men attractive. No matter what rating a guy's looks have, if he has money, that number gets modified upwards. If he's a 6 look-wise, the money might get him up to a 9. And a guy who is a 9 is going to have a LOT more options when it comes to women than a 6 will, because more women are attracted to a 9 than a 6. With me so far?

This isn't much different from a girl who is very attractive, vs. a girl who isn't so attractive. A girl who is a 9 is going to attract many more men than a girl who is a 6 (though personality issues can modify this score as well), so she will have more options with men. I think we all understand this.

So, if a man is a 6, maybe he can attract the interest of, let's say, as many as 5 women at any given time. From that pool of 5 women, he has to talk to them, figure out a little bit about them, and pick the best fit for him. That girl may well be plus-sized, but she may have the best personality and the funnest to be around, so he picks her over thinner girls, because overall, she's the best choice.

Now, a man who is a 9 can attract a LOT more women. Perhaps this guy has as many as 100 girls to choose from. He'll quickly eliminate 80% based on a few minutes with them, and take some more time with the rest, until he has between 5 and 10 really good matches to pick from. Since he has been able to pick through so many girls, he's been able to find girls with great personalities and who he is compatible with, and still has several to choose from. Chances are, whoever he chooses is going to be a very good-looking girl, and probably NOT plus-sized.

Why? Simple, he is in high demand, so he can choose the very best girl. It's much like TV show The Bachelor: he can pick from a pool of pretty good candidates. And, yes, of course he's going to do that, and so would you.

A hot, model-quality girl is probably going to be with a good-looking guy, or at least one with wealth, status, or celebrity. And why shouldn't they?

BUT... this really isn't a big deal, because most guys aren't going to become billionaires anyway, so there will always be plenty of guys to go around. It's not like every guy suddenly gets a ton of cash; really only a few do.

• Yes, I'd date a plus sized girl.

• When men get money, attractive women of all ages suddenly begin to be interested more in them. Even girls who never consider themselves golddiggers, find successful men worthy of at least fascination and conversation - at which point one thing can lead to another, etc.

In a plus sized woman, size matters - some people consider Size 6 (European/true, not vanity sized) a plus size without a doubt, while others consider "plus size" what actually means "you can't fit into normal clothes sold at upscale stores, and you can't really fit in an airline or movie seat".

So there's a double jeopardy for a plus sized woman - #1 is whether the successful man is attracted to her and #2 is whether she can be self-confident and trusting enough not to be jealous of all the thinner women who take interest in him.

• Yes I have and would date a plus size girl. Weight is not that big a deal because it is an easily changeable variable. If you think that guys settle for women because they can't get the girl of their dreams I'm sure women are in a similar boat. We all want the best for ourselves and as much as we say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, certain types of people i.e swimsuit models or company CEO'S will always be in higher demand compared to the fat or dirt poor people.

• yes I would date a plus size girl. some larger women are actually really gorgeous.

• I'm dating a pretty big girl and she IS the girl of my dreams.

I can't speak for the majority of guys, though. I do know that even if her body wasn't my "ideal," it kind of becomes my ideal when I'm infatuated or in love with her. Attraction works differently for different people.

• I consider myself a 7. Maybe a 7.5/8 when I lose that 10 and put it back on as muscle :P

I'm not a movie star, but I've generally never hurt for a date.

For me it is the girl not the size of the girl. Honestly I am most sexually attracted to slightly overweight women, say size 14ish. At one point I was seeing 3 girls a pretty average type girl, a curvier girl, and one girl who looked like a freakin' victoria secret model. Was pretty insane, she was about 6'1 maybe a 4, absolute car stopper. I ended up dating the curvier girl because at that point I liked her more even though I had my pick. We ended up not working out. The tall skinny girl and I stayed just friends. I fell for her after months of friendship and we ended up dating for 2 years even though she isn't my ideal physical type.

The girl I'm into now is pretty average build slightly curvy, maybe 10 or 15 pounds over. Incredibly attracted to her.

• Of course no. Even if you really don't give a f*ck about what other people think, just imagine the repercussions to your self esteem. I mean she is a girl, guys can be fat and still be champs, but girls no matter how champs they are, if they are fat they are still unattractive.

• I find that possible. I know my chances with Zoey Seldana is pretty slim :(

• no, for me that's just like the biggest deal breaker. just how I was raised/what I was surrounded with I guess.

• I'm going to come off like a real jerk, but bigger girls just don't suit me. I know I'm not in any kind of situation where I can pick anything, it just turns me off. :/

• that's basically true, just like a woman would date the man of their dreams over a fat nerd that sits behind the computer on girls ask guys asking for advice on women

• idk it depends if they get my **** stiff

• She said DATE not F***.

• Never-mind that! I just noticed you're 16. Typical horny teen. Blah.

• lol you don't have to get a hard-on to know a girl could get you hard

• I cannot answer your Question..but I would not date a plus sized girl..I could overlook almost any other feature..and frankly it shames me..but I cannot fight reality..:S

• i would not date a plus sized girl

What Girls Said 7

• I think its sad that being with a plus sized girl would be settling. There are many guys that actually prefer larger women. That was only one guys opinion and definitely doesn't apply to all. Plus sized can be beautiful. I personally am not but know many who are and they are beautiful people inside and out.

• I know for a fact that most guys wouldn't.

Two of the best friends I've ever had are plus size and I always thought their dating/romantic interactions were interesting. Especially because one of them is one of the coolest, most amazing females I have ever met. I hate to say it, but what I've observed is that most plus sized girls are not first choice for many guys. Many of them are often targeted as hook-up material because some guys know they have self esteem issues and may be easy. Especially when plus sized girls confirm this ignorant idea! I've had two plus sized friends who prove that idea correctly. One of them isn't my friend anymore, she's a whore (for lack of a better word). She'll meet a guy at a party and be sucking his d***, doing 69 with him three hours later as soon as she can get him alone. She's admitted that she only feels worth sex. The other girl just focuses most on building a sexual relationship and it makes guys lose respect for her and play off of her insecurities to get sex.

I think most guys are shallow pigs who settle for girls who aren't as hot as they think, but they still want a relationship, or a girl who will put out without making them work really hard for it, or they just sincerely like the girl's personality. But given the chance, a lot of them might cheat if a more model type looking girl gave them the time of day. Just being honest here

• Some guys do, but some guys are also a**holes. There are so many men out there that find plus sized women attractive the same way some guys find Victoria's Secret models attractive. Every guy has different tastes, and if a guy who likes big girls gets into some money, I don't doubt that he will stay with a big girl. The guys who only date plus size girls until they find someone 'better' are complete d-bags that no one wants to date anyway, except for the unfortunate girl that got trapped up in his lies.

• I'm gonna keep it real, plus size women don't get first pick when it comes to men.guys are gonna pick a Kelly Rowland and a Bria Myles before they pick a Mo'nique or an Amber Riley.obesity is not attractive to most men, they tend to get the guys who can't do better and have less options.there are some exceptions but yeah for the most part that guy told the truth. Girls whine about this but it's a lot easier to loose weight than it is to become a millionaire lol.would ratherbe a girl all day!

• i wasn't talking about obese I'm talking about thick. the average size of a woman in America is 14 which is plus size and that's far from a victoria secret model. so why when a man get a little status, normal women are not good enough

• Lol I know I've seen I mention him.he is fineeee

• girl you have no idea how much I love him.

but back on topic. if keston carter was boring I would date anthony anderson because he could make me laugh

• People like what thy like thts the long and short of it...for various cultural/media related reasons plus size girls don't get first dibs but tht doesn't mean a guy isn't attracted to them it just means the guy just wants to be like everyone else and aspire to have an underware model...

BTW EVERYONE THE OPPOSITE OF OBESE IS NOT MODEL SKINNY THERE IS A NATURAL AND HEALTHY INBETWEEN!

• The (cute) face is just a plus for the most part.

You can have a really ugly girl with an awesome body and a pretty faced girl with a lumpy body and I can assure you the slender girl would have men at her feet.

• Some guys are genuinely attracted to larger women and others are genuinely attracted to the larger woman they are dating even if they don't normally go for larger women.

I think some people settle, both men and women if they feel they can't do better.