How can I make my eye makeup last longer?

I don't wear a lot of eye makeup, just some light eyeliner and mascara. It seems that the eyeliner always fades within 2 hours of my putting it on. For the mascara, if it's not waterproof, it's also mostly gone within 4 hours. I don't live in a hot or humid place, so I can't attribute it to those things.

I use Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (which I love) and some waterproof mascara which works fine (since it's waterproof).

What I do for the eyeliner is apply a pretty thin line right along my lashes, sometimes making it thicker on special occasions or when I'm going for a more made-up look. It always, ALWAYS ends up along the crease of my eyelid within 2 hours and there is almost nothing left along my lashes. Which is not cool. At all.

So girls, can you give me any tips on how to get my eyeliner to stay in place and not smudge so soon? Also, how often do you reapply eye makeup throughout the day?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like an eye primer called Shadow Insurance by Too Faced. It has a silicone base that when applied to the entire eyelid will prevent your natural oils from making makeup crease or get muddy. I seriously went over 8 hours without reapplying eyeshadow while out at a club, and in muggy weather. This stuff is a miracle for me.

Personally I've never been a fan of pencil liners. If they apply smooth then the oils in the crayon crease fast, if they're not as smooth it doesn't apply well/hurts to put on. I use either liquid line gels that you paint on with a makeup brush or my cheapo Wet and Wild waterproof liquid liner. Both work great and last a long time (I always combine with eye primer- even if I'm not wearing shadows)

The problem with a lot of waterproof mascara is that when they dry they get brittle and flake easy. I've always used MAC plush lash and it stays on all day just fine. I might touch up once or twice if it's super humid out or something. You can also use a fix spray to help keep makeup in place. I use the makeup fix spray by MAC as well.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

What Guys Said 1

• Buy better product.

What Girls Said 8

• I've learned that pencil liner doesn't stay for me at all, so on my top lash line I use liquid liner (l'oreal) or gel liner (estee lauder) and it doesn't budge at all. On my bottom waterline I use UD 24/7 same as you:) and I have no problems. for mascara, you shouldn't have to use waterproof mascara if its a good brand, right now I am using Cliniques new high impact extreme volume mascara, and its AWESOME. waterproof mascara is too harsh on your eyelashes anyways. if its a good brand you shouldn't need waterproof and it should last all day. :) for reapplying makeup, I use those oil blotting sheets, I buy the ones from ELF ($1 a pack!) and use those. if I'm really oily I'll apply a little bit of powder but not too much cause it'll get all cakey. hope this helps. :)

• I usually don't reapply since I have oilly skin I don't see the point but using a moisturizer usually helps

• For a liner try and find a waterproof one if not then apply and eyeshadow of the same color over the liner it will set it and make it last a bit longer as for mascara maybe try and a primer under it

• Try nyx eyeliner. I have the same problem... So I've tried this on my lower lash line. It works pretty well, with minimal smudging.

• What I do is use a pencil liner then a liquid liner stop it from smearing and fading

• Use primer

• Use a lotion based primer

• Use olive oil