Girls what clothes to bring to college?

mainly I'm wondering more about dressier clothes. do I need a a nice dress (like a homecoming dress)? or heels?

not for every day wear but for parties and stuff

Most Helpful Girl

• Bring what you would wear everyday to school. Cute tops, jeans (sexy ones for partying, and relaxed one for class). You don't need a prom or homecoming dress but about two nice going out dresses couldn't hurt and some day dresses if you're the type to wear dresses during the day. Definitely bring a good coat (one that works for where your school is and the climate) also bring a light going out coat one you can carry around that isn't heavy that doesn't cost too much so if you put it down and lose it say in a frat house as I have done occasionally you won't be too upset about it. Bring a nice pair of going out shoes, heels, wedges (I prefer) but a popular shoe on my campus are jeffery campbell litas and they are supposedly really comfortable too a bit pricey though but you can find knockoffs basically everywhere. Unless you plan on going to a formal or something which would need a nice cocktail dress and not really a homecoming dress then you won't need anything too dressy. Bring your everyday shoes as well uggs too and don't forget shower shoes (MUST!) and slippers and sneakers if you plan on working out. Don't overthink it just dress in a way that reflects your personal style and that is relaxed because trust me in college it's really not that serious and no one is really paying that much attention unless you're going out of course in which dressing with a nice blouse skinny jeans, and heels is the basic.

What Guys Said 2

• Nah, you could just wear a hoodie and sweatpants and be fine.

• I'm going to a community college, so I do not live on campus. However, I have seen what girls wear. They basically dress just like they did in high school. Most girls I see where shoes, flats or flip flops. Some where heels though. That seems like preference. What does your homecoming dress look like? I would need to see it first.

• Oh, parties. I would have no idea, I'm not a party person.

What Girls Said 6

• If you have presentations dress work/presentation appropriate.

If they have balls you can wear shorter dresses - semi-formal style (a shorter homecoming dress).

Parties - only if you want to, most will be in heels and showing off their figures. The girls really like to dress up; it's like a semi-formal event, just not as dressy as a ball.

• Don't bring stuff you might wear but things you will a skirt and shorts are always good since they can go with many tanks and shirts..to parties some wear shorts,jeans,dresses or jeans

• You definitely don't wanna wear heels to College, just normal nice clothes, pretty much the same as what you'd wear if you were going out.

• i don't mean for everyday wear but for parties and such

• Well, a College party isn't really any different from a normal party. Take the clothes you think you look the nicest in?

D:

• Well it depends what kind of parties you're going too! If you're going to upscale clubs or bars or if you're rushing for a sorority it wouldn't hurt to pack a few semi formal dresses or nice skirts. If you're talking about parties in someones dorm, you don't really need dressy clothes for that.

• My sister went to college last year and she needed so many dresses, especially in the first few months. She didn't even join a sorority! She ran through all of her dresses in like two weeks and had to wear her graduation dress to a party.

• at my school there is a fall dance (semi formal) and a spring dance (formal)

there was also a mixer in January (wore a semi formal dress)

and then in May there was a end of the year dinner (wore a sundress)

I would recommend bringing an assortment of clothes because you never know what you're going to need.