Another question about height?

Hi, I've seen a lot of questions about height on here lately, so I decided to make up my own :D Here goes:

Imo, being with a girl that is the same height as me (or a little under, not much though) seems perfect. It's easy to talk and look each other in the eyes etc., everything seems more practical, and I for one feel more equal to her. But girls don't seem share that feeling. For them, it's the taller the better, if I'm not wrong (?)

It's weird though, I don't have any "one" preference for girls like they do with men, just if she's fit and not obese, which are two factors you're able to change, unlike height.

I think the sentence I've read most on the internet these days is "I like taller guys". (89 mil. hits on google) Does that mean 6"+ or just taller than you? Is it the same feeling for you?

I'm 5"9 btw.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is practical but when a girl is on the shorter side, she does not want a guy to be short because in a "guy is big and protective" sense, a guy who is equally short is no longer "practical" in the "long-run" because overall he's not seen to be "able" to perform his "duty/role/whatever as the protector". It just takes away from him if you get what I mean. It comes close to the feeling of a girl being bigger and taller than a guy.

I like 6'+ that's for sure but there's a limit too, I don't want to find it difficult to look at him when I'm close to him.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm fine with my height or taller, just not shorter. So at 5'10", I prefer at least that but over 6" is more desirable to me because I am almost that tall myself. Ex was 6'2" and that was perfect. Most of the dates I've been the most physically attracted to were 6'2" or 6'3".

• I prefer taller men, but I don't mind being with one the same height as me either.when I say taller I mean 6 ft and above

• Haha well here's a first. I LOVE short guys. I find them way cuter. Especially blondes. They make me feel like, I don't know I just love the feeling better then with tall Gus because then you feel like I'm with my dad. Eww. Haha hoped this brought up your spirits(:

• Maybe. Are you 20 or 12? :P

• My last guy was about 2 inches taller than me, and I agree, it just makes everything a little bit easier... But we went to prom and I wore heels which instantly made me taller... I don't know what it is about the girl being taller, it just feels ackward...

• I'm 5 foot 10 and when I'm with a guy I like to feel protected so I'm into more taller guys, like 6+. BUT it depends on the guy. I was really really into a guy and he was about a half an inch shorter than me. If you have a really great personality it shouldn't matter.

• I find this notion of feeling 'protected' with a taller guy interesting. I've known plenty of 6'+ beanpoles who couldn't protect anything. Some of the toughest guys I have met are like 5'8" or 5'9". Must be a visual thing.

• Its completely a visual thing. But also the whole thing of feeling "protected" doesn't only come with height. Like I feel protected by this one guy who is actually an inch shorter than me cause he's a big guy. I think if you're short you shouldn't be too skinny. I'm into big and tall guys though so either one is fine. Honestly though when it comes down to it the only thing that matters is if the guy is a really great guy or not.

• Hey- I like guys of equal height or who are slightly taller for that exact same reason:) I don't think all girls specifically go for 6ft guys, just guys who are taller than they are in general. like for me short guys make me feel masculine or like the role is kinda switched or something. idk... :-)

What Guys Said 1

• Girls want a guy who can lead them and surprise them. Not a guy of equal status, that's just signs of friend zoned. no kidding

• But I hate playing the role of being ever so "manly" or "alpha"

• Not all the time. But girls really just want a sense of security and lying in the arms of a tall guy makes them feel safe, protected and loved. I'm 6'2, so speaking from experience.