How do you know if you are pretty?

none of that "beauty starts with the inside"crap.

how do you objectively know if you're pretty or not without asking trolls on the internet or just by how you're treated by others?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't know objectively 'cos it ain't objective, silly. You can only make yourself appear in a way that you dig, and project that self-digging onto others, who should, if they're open to the energies, dig you too. If you want to look good, it is far better to look at beauty as a malleable energy than as a title.

4|1
    0|0
    • good response

• Show All
    • no, you had the most intelligent and enlightening response.

• Ohh, well shucks. Did it help you? Do you know you're pretty, now?

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 8

• By looking objectively at yourself...

Ehh... Didn't answer the question? Well...

You must distance yourself from your own image. You must look at your own picture like you would look on a picture of a stranger. And that is almost impossible, but doable.

Do not use a mirror. You are to used to looking in the mirror and the image is mirrored anyway so it is not the way other people see you. Get a portrait shot of yourself done by someone who can do it. Get several.

Then forget everything you hate, dislike or usually ignor about yourself. Then forget everything you like about yourself. You must look at yourself and not recognize it as you.

Now you compare your portrait to people on the street. Not famous people, they're all way to photoshopped when you get a hold of their pictures. Compare the image with nice people on the street. People you like and enjoy being around. Real people.

Also you can try taking only the left or the right side of your face and mirror it around so that you have a portraid made up of a right side, and a mirrored right side, and then a left side and a mirrored left side. This is to check the symmetry of your face. The more symmetric is generally considered more comely.

With all this, you'll be able to find out if you yourself find yourself pretty compared to the people around you. Subjectively. And you'll not even be close to what other people think.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm going give it to you raw and uncut ...First of all, being nagitive and having a bad attitude makes you look very unattractive and if you hate the way you look, stop looking in the mirror. Calling people Trolls yet asking for advice is ugly, so what do you expect? Get over on yourself and start knowing you're beautiful instead wondering if you are. Besides, there's no picture of you for anybody to judge...duhh,

0|0
    2|0
  • Well you can't. Unless there is a clinical/scientific test that I am not aware of.

Maybe you need to set up a questionnaire-type framework to answer this question?

Post your picture on a ratings website with a scale?

I mean, beauty is very subjective isn't it - so when you refer to "Beauty starts with the inside" as cr@p - it's not, because if you cannot convince yourself that you're beautiful, how can you convince others? It's like a salesman, how can you sale your goods if you can't even believe that your goods are legit?

1|0
    0|0
  • ask the trolls on the internet, then normalize the response.

0|2
    4|1
  • If you think you're pretty compared to other people, then you're pretty, if you don't then you aren't. It's really what you think of yourself which defines your own definition whether you think of yourself as beautiful or not.

0|0
    1|0
  • If the opposite gender stares more at your face than your boobies I would say you are pretty

2|0
    0|0
    • could be that they are staring at a face because it looks so unique...in a bad way.

• Look at a magazine guys magazine if you look like the girls there then you pretty .

well that's sexy anyway .

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and nothing you will say can change that

my criteria for a beautiful girl will not be the same as the Other guy .

Society dictates what is beautiful and what is not.

You and I and everyone else has the right to choose whether to go and listen to them or not

so if you want to know if society Accepts you as a pretty check the magazines

0|0
    1|0
    • well that cuts out 99.9% of the population of girls deemed sexy

• deemed *unsexy

• You know if you get a lot of looks, special treatment.

1|0
    0|0
    • nay

• don't people stay away from pretty girls because they look unapproachable?

• Not necessarily. Also, you can stay away yet still look at them.

What Girls Said 4

• People will compliment your appearance.a mixture of men and women will compliment you.men will tell you you're attractive using various adjectives, and women will compliment your style (hair, makeup, clothes).this will happen regularly

Guys will check you out.some are subtle about it and others are blatant.but men will always look at women they find attractive.if men do not look at you (other than normal eye contact or looks you give to people in public) then they don't find you attractive

If pretty girls make conversation with you and try to befriend you. Many girls clique up in terms of looks.that's why you're more likely to see a bunch of fine girls hanging out and a bunch of unattractive girls hanging out.

If good looking guys talk to you when they don't have to.most guys don't go out of their way to chat with women they wouldn't sleep with.so iffine guys want to talk to you, then its a safe bet you're in his league. (this doesn't include asking for favors)

If rich, wealthy, and men with money pursue you.rich menhave a lot of options so they usually only go for pretty girls

If girls you don't know hate you for no reason

0|0
    1|0
  • Soft, shiny hair that is cut so your face is not to fat or thin. Smaller nose that fits your face and makes your cheek bones noticeable. A thin chin, smooth cheeks. Bigger eyes that get noticed. Long eye lashes. Clear skin. Under 150 pounds. (Weight really depends on height and muscle though.) No flabby skin that jiggles. Boobs bigger than training bra. A round but. ETC. Notice how having all this crap is impossible? It is ridiculous to try and make yourself the way society wants you to look. That is silly and pointless. You are beautiful, and everyone is different. You want to look and be like a bunch of other look alike "beautiful" girls? No. Be yourself and make that beautiful. Seriously, I like exotic, and different. I don't want the same thing over and over again. If you can look different and still be beautiful and yourself, your going to be a lot better off than the other two million desperate blond models out there.

1|0
    1|0
  • When people actually say that you're pretty. You'll notice they don't use any other words in regards to looks, not even beautiful. Pretty is different from beautiful, so in all seriousness, not trying to make fun or anything, if they say you're pretty and a lot of people do, you're pretty.

1|0
    0|0
    • what's the difference between somebody saying you're beautiful rather than pretty?

• Show All
    • Well that's what I'd say for people in Australia, I don't know how schooling is for you where you are.

I don't really think you can tell if you're pretty or not by how others treat you unless you're flaunting it, and then again it would be easier to tell when you're alone than with friends because of the reactions you get from people who are interacting with you alone, as opposed to a bunch of friends.

• all these people have given me compliments when I was alone, as I have no friends... lol

• Sometimes guys will stare a lot but won't approach

0|0
    0|0