What happened to the thongs?

What happened to the popularity of wearing thong panties? It seems like just a few years ago that's all I would come across. And now its a rarity. It seems like the bikini is king now?

Most Helpful Girl

• Thongs are almost all I wear. I used to wear mainly boy shorts/bikinis when I was younger, but I started wearing thongs to avoid panty lines. They are the most comfortable kind of underwear EVER. It feels like I'm not wearing anything. If it feels like "dental floss" it's too small and you need to move up a size. Also, I've never had a yeast infection. You're more likely to get a yeast infection from wearing damp bathing suits etc.

What Girls Said 8

• I wear thongs almost everyday :) They're definitely not uncomfortable for me otherwise I wouldn't wear them. You get used to it. And I've never had a yeast infection before either.

• thongs are the only undies that I ever wear! I think they are comfy and practical at the same time. if I polled a group of my friends, every one of them wears them at least sometimes...

• High Five!

• the thong is still popular; it's the media that seems to be "pushing" the g-string more often nowadays

• You don't see it often but I know from experience it's still very common. Ladies are just more careful covering it.

• What are you talking about I only wear thongs I feel like anything else causes your butt too sag or mess up the shape of your buttocks

• I never liked the feeling of having it ride all up in there.I usually wear bikini or boyshort

• I wouldn't know about that, I wear boy shorts.

• but, did you ever wear thongs?

• I doubt it.

• hahaha dental floss

anyway, totally agree

• Two words: yeast. infections.

• Women realized thongs weren't comfortable and they actually increase you risk of getting yeast infections. Cotton undies are the way to go, they allow you to breath down there. I only wear a thong if my pantyline will show in a certain outfit.

• Thongs are uncomfortable to wear - don't understand why women wear them in the first place !

What Guys Said 1

• There was question a couple of weeks ago about kind of underwear girls wear and what kind guys prefer. I think most of the girls picked thongs, but quite a few did choose bikini as well.