Why do a lot of guys in class take interest in me, I'm not that pretty nor am I special...?

I have no idea why guys have suddenly shown so much interest in me whether by body language or just outright approach me in a few of my classes.

Im not really used to all this attention, and I consider myself to be a wallflower and have nerdy interests. guys never talked to me in HS- In fact, I had absolutely zero friends and I sometimes ate lunch in the bathroom stalls.

Ever since starting community college, all sorts of guys have been displaying interest in me (mostly Hispanic and black guys). it's not like my appearance could have changed overnight...I'm not flattered by the attention at all.

Now, its as though 1/3 of the guys in every one of my classes seem to want to talk to me or follow me around into class in an obvious way.

I'm kind of paranoid. Does the average college guy tend to go for less attractive girls, since most of them are hesitant to approach the pretty and mean girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe its the fact that you don't think you're attractive or special is what makes you attractive and special. You're probably different from the girls you consider attractive because you don't have your head stuck up your ass and walk around thinking you're better than everyone else. You're probably much more approachable and easier to talk to and with that pretty. Guys would not be interested in you if you weren't somewhat good looking. Stay exactly as you are, you have something rare, looks, a personality and are in no way conceited

What Guys Said 8

• Not all guys in college are players or noncommittal as some believe. When I was in college I knew a lot of guys that wanted to be in smart long term relationships with cute, intelligent college girls. The things that may been overlooked by high school guys may now be embraced by college guys; for example, nerdy interests.

• Maybe they find you attractive? You know, your opinions are not always the opinions of others.

• i don't think guys go for the attractive girls, especially on the first day of classes.

• you do have a point, kinda.

• "I don't know, maybe because in HS I had really low self esteem "

That could be the key: low self esteem can be a self fulfilling prophecy. One guy can give you more self esteem and the others will no longer avoid or overlook the "low self esteem girl" you were.

• College guys tend to be less superficial than HS-guys. I suppose a number appreciate you for other qualities than looks alone: the difference between men and boys?

• just based on appearance?

I mean I hardly speak up in class, I'm probably the quietest girl in class.

in fact somebody told me, "don't be so shy". It's not like I'm intentionally not speaking up, I'm introverted by nature.

• these guys are probably 19-22 years old...

• I'd suppose that until now you had to deal with guys in the 16-19 year age range. Half of who were still playing computer games and looking at pompom girls...

• maybe you got that mature look and personality that they look for in college be safe chicky:)

• i do look mature, in fact a random guy in one of my classes told me I look like I would belong perfectly in grad school and I look more "older" than my peers in a good way.

• why "be safe"?

• because that's what I say a lott of people can be hurtful these days that's all.

• maybe your the hottest in the class

• ew, probably not. maybe the most approachable, but definitely not hot. I would never see myself in that way.

• i don't know why are you worried .. just enjoy it .. and don't undermine your self-esteem

• not worried, I just find the whole thing odd.

• Maybe you are pretty and special...

• i doubt that, but professors somehow have preconceived notions of me being really intelligent, and I get along with professors very well. they question why I go to CC, like I don't belong here or anything. I don't know, I think it's because I look too "smart" (whether or not that's a good thing) to be in Community college. I guess guys dig the nerdy girl look? maybe?...

• mostly Hispanic and black guys

• Well I don't think their races have much to do with it, though the only thing may be that they are just flirting to flirt.

• Maybe they find you really pretty. =) I bet you are.

• ew. maybe cute at best, but not really pretty.

• add me then I'll tell you.

• no thanks. lol.

• Maybe they think you are pretty. I don't think they gofor less pretty Gil's but they could be more mature and realize that looks are not everything

What Girls Said 1

• Perhaps you really are pretty, maybe you've come into your own, as they say, since HS. Maybe you carry yourself with confidence, speak with intelligence. You know, many men find this attractive. I would think that many guys may actually be tired of silly little HS girls & want substance & looks. You just haven't given yourself enough credit...yet.

• i don't really talk in class. I keep to myself A LOT.