Why do some girls go nuts with the eye shadow?

I mean just caking that stuff on to the point where it is really dark. They just look horrible, they don't help her eyes at all and are really distracting from her natural beauty. Do these girls not realize how much they put on? Do they care?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they want to look like raccoons.

link

What Girls Said 12

• No I don't care, lol. I don't always wear makeup, actually most of the time I don't, except maybe mascara. But when I do and feel like something elaborate, I get into using colors and blending and have fun with eyeshadow. I reserve creative license when it comes to my makeup. I'm a colorful person, and I like my appearance to reflect who I am. I don't aim to look 'natural', I aim to look like 'myself'. I'm also a very take it or leave it kind of person. Being true to myself is important to me, so if someone else doesn't like who I am, I'm not concerned about it because I don't cater to others when it comes to how I look. People who like it and who like ME, are the ones who stick around and I don't care about the people who don't. I have a boyfriend and he likes how I look, I don't pay attention to how other guys feel about. They're irrelevant to me, because the only guy who matters finds me very attractive.

• I seldom wear eye shadow. I don't like how I look with it on. I've probably done the smokey eye look a few times but that's only when I go out clubbing. Not during the day. I think many girls just have fun with make-up and actually like trying out new things. We don't do everything to impress guys. So just because that girl may be rocking a crazy look doesn't mean she's doing that in the hopes of getting male attention. She's perhaps doing it for herself, as strange as that may seem. But there are cases where girls overdo it because they really just don't know how to apply it properly.

• Yes, they care, otherwise they wouldn't put so much effort in it. They do it because they think it looks nice. Why do you wear a certain shirt? Because you think it looks nice. Why do girls use pink lipstick and other girls red? Because they think it looks nice.

So the main answer is: they do it because they think it looks nice.

• Definitely has to do with what the girl likes...some girls are just used to putting on so much make-up they don't realize what too much is...personally I always went with the notion that make-up was meant to enhance your natural beauty so it shouldn't look like your wearing a lot...the best way to know that is if guys don't notice the make-up but compliment you on how you look...I had a guy friend once say he had no idea I even wore make-up. Now there are some girls that just like a lot of make-up...my sister once said she likes "looking fake" weird remark I thought personally but that's just how some girls are.

• LOL, so people like the look of overly dark eye shadow...it is their personal style choice.

Makeup is very versatile. Some people want to enhance their beauty...while some people want to make their face a canvas.

Some just don't know how to go about it.

• It can look bad if you choose the wrong color or apply it in the wrong way.They do realize that its too much but there are some girls who admire daring makeup.I don't look good with eye shadow and I rarely wear it.

• HAHAHA, I hardly wear eyeshadow anymore.. maybe not even at all...

When I was in high school OMG! I would always wear this darkest darkest brown shadow that looked black but not quite.. and surprisingly it always brought the attention of both girls and boys! Unless they were lying, they always commented on how beautiful my eyes looked. However, a lot of people thought I was into witchcraft for some reason. o_O

I have yet to find another brown eyeshadow that looked as dark as that. I miss it. :[!

• I think its just a personal choice. Some people think they look good when they do certain stuff and other people may not think they look so good. But if they're happy, why should anybody elses opinion matter? :)

• sometimes you don't want to look natural. link not normal/natural to have smokey black eyelids, but she looks enticing.

• If she has light eyes the darkness makes it look cool

• they probably don't realize how poor it looks

• Just because it's dark doesn't mean she caked it on. It could just be a dark color that she used.

Anyway, eyeshadow in my opinion never looks natural. Even the neutral shades that they like to call a natural look doesn't look natural. I don't have a problem with eyeshadow and it can look really nice but natural or minimal isn't the right word for it ever.

And also, you may not like the way it looks but that doesn't mean that everyone shares that opinion.

What Guys Said 1

• Some girls go crazy with that and also eye liner