How do I keep my hair moisturized while wearing braids?

I have been wearing braids for the past six months, don't get me wrong, my hair grows, but I would like to try and keep it moisturized and hopefully it will grow long like link her hair lol. What are some decent hair products that will keep your hair moisturized? And do any of the users have any success stories with their braids please feel free to tell me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should look for some creams or sprays at the salon.

What Guys Said 2

• try to be organic. try tea tree oil mixed with water. or jojoba oil mixed with rosemary oil. The healthier you treat your hair, the better it will grow. stay away from gels, greases, pomeades. I have dreads and I keep them moisturized and very clean. greases and gels may cause buildup which may block your follicles from breathing/living.

• I will definitely look into those products, thank you.

• yeah no prob. I had braids before my sister died, she was the one that did them, and I always put greases etc in my scalp, but it made buildup and often smelled weird in the sun. Stay organic :)

• Other than creams like carrot/coconut/olive oil. I would generally apply them inbetween the lines I didn't have breads.

What Girls Said 4

• Use braid spray. Africa's best makes a great one

• One of my friends use a braid spray but you can make your own with a little (hair)lotion and water

• don't use products with silicones!

and I guess warm olive oil is good but any other narural oil will work

• Coconut oil. Or any other oil