What kind of clothes for a slender guy with wide shoulders?

I want to refresh my style, but shopping for clothes has always been a problem for me. I'm 5'9" and 155 lbs, and I consider my build to be slender/athletic. Small shirts fit me right, except my shoulders are too wide to fit and I could rip the shirt with not much effort. Sizes larger than that make me look like a sail, though.

What cuts, brands and sizes should I look into, for both shirts and pants?

Most Helpful Guy

• are you talking about t-shirts or 'shirt' shirts?

• 'shirt' shirts.

• All my shirts (pretty much) are made to measure. The few that don't I had tailored in. But its cheaper to just get them made. If you're near a major city, there are probably hong kong based tailers (maxwells, etc.) that swing through a couple times a year, measure you in person, make shirts there, ship back. Moderntailor is one of the online ones that does it (you measure yourself). I haven't used them, but heard okay things - the first shirt from them is $20. Assume it will be 'off'

• A realistic expectation is the $20 shirt might be awesome, or might give you a starting point to refine measurements to be used.

Alternative is indeed to buy shirts, then take them to a tailor. If they're slim fit (probably still not slim enough) adding darts might work, otherwise, they take the sides in and slim the sleeves.

Anyone who is not fat should be doing this.

What Girls Said 3

• Try clothes on at the store you'll know how they look before buying them?I don't know if they make stretchy shirt for guys.tank tops or long sleeve shirts are all I can think off

• Wear shirts that you can zip/button so you can wear them open with a tank or tshirt under

• any really

What Guys Said 2

• Have you looked at H&M?

• really style is about whatever you find suitable for you. Brand names are all hype.

• I'm not going to look at Big and Tall because I am neither big nor tall. Certain brands cater to certain kinds of people, and I'm looking for those.

• I generally get a lot of my shirts from sports authority or Dick's sporting goods(ehatevers closer to you) but I tend to where mediums. I'm a stocky dude for like 5"8 and they do me well.