Can looking young be a bad thing?

I am asking since the benefits of looking old means you are less likely to get carded, you look more professional, etc.

I just got out of an interview and it felt like they were treating me like a kid. I am not really old but I am not a kid either and I get the feeling I am gonna be passed up on due to looks.

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• yea being young looking will make you a target to be prejudged on a scale of intelligence.

What Girls Said 5

• I usually say I hate looking younger to as I'm almost 18 I see it as a good thing because if a guy hits on me I can lie and say I m younger and my face validates that

• No it'll pay off in the end because most guys don't age well

• Grow a mustache! :p

• No its cute

• It has drawbacks. I'm just barely legal and never get carded unless they are carding everyone. I've been told I just come across as older, most assume I'm about 2 or 3 years older than I am.

But in the job world, I've had issues with my age. I'm the youngest person at my job by a good 10 years and it's caused issues for me.

Think of it this way, you'll look younger longer.

What Guys Said 6

• I suppose so, it can both help and handicap you depending on which industry you're in. *Insert Justin Bieber-joke here*

• I met a lady who looked quite young once. After a night at the bars, she and I got nicked for underaged drinking and pedophilia respectively D:

• I like looking young.. and I know I'll look damn good in my 30s and 40s.. I'm an investment ;)

• I think it's great myself. Yes, I did get carded in my early 30s due to looking like the early to mid 20s. But I'd rather look young than old. I'm not even attracted to most older women. There are exceptions though like Milfs.

• Yeah basically it usually means you need get rid of those chubby cheek and double chin XD Speaking from personal experience.

• i don't have either, people just tell me I look young. I am 26 right now and a month ago someone asked me which high school I go to

• idk I hate it