Is it true the guys with the good personalities are mostly physically unattractive?

According to a theory which I read, guys who have a good personality are 90% of the time physically unattractive. Like, they may be short or fat or have an unattractive face. Apparently women aren't physically attracted to these guys which explains why they end up developing good personalities. What's your opinion(s) on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally untrue! Bizarre even.

I'm so attracted to this guy that is the sweetest most understanding person I know. He's really athletic & smart & funny & is in a band & gets offers from tons of girls. He's dating this wicked pretty Italian girl but he told me she's immature & they're breaking-up.

I want to ask him out when I get back from college if by some quirk he's single. I'm on the West Coast, he's in the East.

My last boyfriend was really hot & so nice.

There are tons of examples all around us.

What Girls Said 9

• No. The personalities guys (and girls) develop based on their looks are merely superficial covers that stem from their feelings of superiority or inadequacy (looks wise). These personalities are not who they really are. A "nice" ugly guy has as much chance of being an a**hole as the cocky handsome guy. Only the chances are, the good looking guy will soon show his bad sides, while the uglier one will try harder to cover up the fact that he is a douchebag, if he is one, since his personality is the thing that is suppose to keep the girl in the first place.

• Bullsh*t.

The world is so diverse and unique, assumptions/conclusions/theories like this (lol @ 90%!) are something you shouldn't go by.

• No well at first some guys I'm not really physically atttracted to I like a lot more because of personality and the good looking guys I lose insterest in when I get to know them they're not as nice as I though

• Sounds about right. Ugly guys have to make up somewhere lol

• No I've met attractive guys with great personality

• Ya but their personailty can make them appear more attactive

• one man's trash is another man's treasure your "theory" is wayyyyy too broad and subjective.

• I've met plenty of ugly guys that have bad personalities, and attractive guys with good personalities so I disagree. The best looking guy I know has a great personality and lots of people like him.

• Eh that's not true in my experience, personally. The guys I'm close to are the least douchey guys I know, and I think they're really good-looking too.

Also, according to your theory, the only reason to have a good personality is to be attractive to women? :P

What Guys Said 3

• Nah, I'm as ugly as they get and often times I'm a real a**hole lol.

• I'm sure you're not ugly dude

• haha YOU are sure! I'm certain though others who've seen me felt otherwise.

• I think it's true. And this is why there are so many battered women in this world, because they prefer good looking guys that will beat them over the not-so-good looking nice guy in the corner.

• Personally I have been an ugly duckling for a long time... sometimes I think that kind of adversity is good for you. When you become attractive, you still remember what it's like for others, and you have more empathy.