Are men's shoes (signifcantly) wider than women's?

I want to buy new running shoes but I'm very unsatisfied with the colors that women's shoes come in. The colors are a little to bright for me. I much prefer the colors that men's shoes have, but I have a typical woman's foot, it might even be slightly more narrower than most women's feet, so I'm worried about the fit if I do choose to get men's running shoes.

Most Helpful Guy

• i think most are wider

What Guys Said 2

• Some come wide, some are slimmer. Go and try some on to find out.

• in general, men's feet are bigger than women's feet. but shoe brands usually produce every size for every design and color of sport shoes. you can still find the right size for your feet.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends what kind of shoe you're after, take converse for example - they are the same for both men and women but as with men's sports trainers, they'll be a little wider because men's feet are generally bigger and need room to breathe in sports shoes. Go try them out if you fancy a pair, it's not a big deal and in most cases there will be the same style shoe in women's sizes.

• Just try it on at Payless I didn't notice until recently there's shoes that have the number and sometimes it was a W next to it for wide so maybe they have that for men's shoes too