Asian Fashion? Yes or No?

I am currently majoring in fashion marketing. It's really fun to travel around to see all the unique fashion trends in each country. I am really into Korean & Japanese fashion now days. My recent visit to both countries taught me that most of the ladies there dress really nice even when they go to school. Fashion is really important in these countries. Even the unattractive ones dress fairly nice. Here are some of the things that I have noticed during the trip:

Japan - their clothes are very unique. I saw some harajuku girls and yes! they got some wicked styles! but they can be a little intimidating. Some people may think that their clothes are over the top. But in general, I find them quite fascinating and intriguing. Their clothes get exported to other countries (USA, UK, etc)

Korea - Many Korean clothes are also exported to other countries like UK, Hong Kong, USA, etc but they do not have brand names like Zara, H&M, Forever21, etc. Most girls wear casual clothes but they are very stylish. What I have noticed is that they know how to coordinate themselves well even with very simple clothes and I find that impressive. Their clothes are somewhat similar to western clothes, but the quality is different. A lot of K-clothes have complimentary fabrics. Their clothes are more girlie than Japanese clothes. However, I sometimes find them too girlie and cute and I rarely see a girl with unique clothes like the Harajuku ones.

I collected some pictures of both Japanese and Korean clothes just to ask you if you would want to wear them and if not why? Have you ever tried these clothes before? I just posted the feminine looking ones because that's what I am interested in.

For the guys: Would you like it if your girlfriend wear these kind of clothes? Why or why not? Do you find them TOO girly?

Korean: link

Japanese: link

P.S. I never went to China to really know about their fashion but I am deff going nxt summer!

i love Asian fashion

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd love it if these fashions caught on here, but for one things hey don't look good on fat women, and also they look best on women wih dark hair and eyes. Blondes would look washed out, often.

Also, the more girlie looks are sure not popular in the West these day.

China is simila to Korea, Korea styles are the most popular in China.

Yes, they coordinate their outfits so well!

• i don't know .. if the sizes are bigger maybe they would look good on women here too. I agree that these girlie looks may not be so popular here :(

• No, they are designed for the slim Asian bodies, won't work on our big girls..for one thing they'd look even girlier on big girls. They're not at all childlike on Asian women.

What Guys Said 5

• Since Gangnam Style and Samsung smartphones hit the market, Korean style is taking the world by storm.

• Yeah they all look so nice! Love it when girls dress that way.

• Wow! I need to move to Korea!

• Must go to South Korea and Japan now! They all dress like that, really!?! Just...wow. They dress up so much more that most American girls. I would like it I my future girlfriend dressed like this. Not they are not too girly, they are perfect. All of the pictures are from when you were there I take it? My favorite one for each was Korea: link Japan: link

• they usually wear these girlie clothes only during spring(at least in korea). Otherwise, they just wear casual clothes...If you really want to go, I suggest you go during spring!

• It's fun and nice.. there are many places to visit. You can google that :)

• okay, thanks.

• I like them! Words to describe these outfits: classy, cute, lovely, feminine, and romantic

What Girls Said 8

• I loooooooove Asian fasihon. I especially like the korean ones. I love how girlie it is.

I am not that into the Japanese styles, even though I like how they are really creative and cute. I used to wear stuff more like that, but nowadays I'm into a more understated style.

• link - I shop a bit on this site. I love it!

Their clothes are very nice and last quite long too if well taken care of.

• Although I appreciate it, I wouldn't personally wear the Korean style, it's a little too proper and girlie for me. I like the Japanese style though, it's seems more bold and playful. But again, I don't think I'd wear it myself.

• They do have an interesting fashion or maybe that's just kpop music videos

• No that's how young ladies dressed when I visited

• i'm Asian myself, and I find most Asian fashion a bit too fake and girlie for me. personally, my persona doesn't really match well with the Asian fashion.

I prefer the casual, western/European influenced fashions.

• well I guess it all depends on your preference. Western/European fashions are nice too but what I like about Asian fashions is the materials they use.. so soft and nice :)

• too frilly, me no like.

• but that's because I only posted the girlie looks here. The casual ones are not so frilly as you say

• I love korean fashion for girls and guys XD

• Yes I forgot to mention that guys dress really nice too :) They have cool hairstyles as well. But that's why they are called gay in America because they are into fashion too much :/

• I understand that... my dad grew up in Germany and when he came back to the states people called him gay (>.>) Guys look nice when they dress themselves well!

• I totally love the korean fashion and japanese style, but I would agree to martyfellow, these are good to the petite girls. when you see a korean girl, most of them are petite.

• I totally agree that korean's clothes have more flattering fabrics. They are soft and silky! I actually buy a lot of Korean clothes even though the shipping costs a lot :( I live in UK and there are some girls who only buy Korean clothes because they are obsessed with K-pop lol.