Why did my boyfriend start saying I'm beautiful only recently?

When my boyfriend and I first started going out...he never said anything regarding my looks, but maybe that I look nice.

Then maybe a month or so, he started calling me cute

After a few months, only now is he starting to say he finds me "beautiful" and "gorgeous".

Does this mean he didn't find me attractive to start with, but now since we have been together a bit longer he feels obligated to say it, but doesn't mean it?

Also, I knew him for almost a year before we started going out, and he never commented in my looks either.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he's not prone to give out compliments. But now, as your relationship has grown, he feels compelled. I would actually take it as a sign his feelings are sincerely growing for you.

What Guys Said 5

• lol you have a case of over-thinking-too-damn-much, don't worry though this is a common case among females.

TheUglyOne is correct though.

• He probably didn't want to overwhelm you with compliments, it can be a bit freaky you know.

• as sexyasianboi said, take it as a compliment! Quit thinkin so much!

• calling you beautiful or gorgeous would have been too much too soon...a lot of women would be turned off by a guy saying that stuff early on

• Maybe now he actually feels this way.

What Girls Said 2

• he's cheating on you

• I agree with TheUglyOne...he might not have felt comfortable giving you compliments early on in your relationship (for fear of how you would take it), but now that he knows how you feel and feels close to you he's compelled to do so.