What's the difference between attractive and hot?

Hi. I have been with my husband for 10 years. And I found out that he finds me beautiful but not hot. And according to him

I shouldn't care, because he finds me attractive and he loves me and he doesn't cheat. Somehow though I wish he found me hot. Why is beautiful different from hot? And do you men call girls pretty/beautiful when you don't find them hot/attractive but want to spare their feelings?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you shouldn't read too much into your husbands words as so many words nowadays have so many different meanings and contexts.

I would prefer to be called beautiful my my long term partner because I somehow associate the word hot with lust.

And beauty is something that comes naturally rarely!

Maybe you wished he thought you were hot because you feel like you have to measure up to all this sh*t media and beauty tabloids in women's faces everyday!

Im sure he loves you for who you are and the fact he thinks your beautiful in my books is better than being called hot :)

What Guys Said 2

• Beautiful is better than hot. Hot is just sexual, beautiful is more than that. And no, we don't call girls pretty when we don't find them attractive, it's just not true.

• Attractive is something desirable, something you like. Hot is often something much more physical.

What Girls Said 2

• beauty is better than being "hot". It is classic and more respectable

• haha tell him he's just "cute" but he's def. not handsome or "hot" either.