Do men prefer women without make up?

Ive just been curious. As I've heard several times from different sources that say men like a more natural look. But it makes me wonder...I believe most may not realize what most of us women look like with absolutely zero make up on.

Whenever they show celebs with a clean face its a big scandal...Ive seen comments such as, "wow they're really unattractive." I'm thinking...wait a sec...this is the more natural look that is said to be more desired by men.

I just wanted to get some guys take on this. I realize it could be different from man to man.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like a woman to wear a little make up, I think it helps make your features stand out and downplay some more negative features. But a little goes a long way, I realize that a lot of the make up you wear is small things that make a big difference. And I think that too much makeup looks bad.

• Oh yes yes. You seem to realize what women do to make themselves appear "naturally beautiful"...I think that's the sweet spot.

• I have seen a lot of women with and without makeup and I noticed that women can do a lot without making it look like they did. It comes from working with a lot of women (nursing homes) and seeing those days where they didn't have time to apply makeup before work. It not that they are ugly without it but it does help. Half the time I don't notice they are wearing it till they aren't.

What Guys Said 5

• Makeup has become SO common that most guys probably don't realize what women look like with NO make-up on anymore. I do, but most guys probably wouldn't.

But I think MOST guys would prefer that girls wore considerably less than many of them do, at least on a day-to-day basis. it's one thing to wear a full face of make-up on a special occasion, and something totally different to need to spend 45 minutes putting on makeup before you go to a Little League baseball game or check the mail.

I'm in the "eyeliner and lip gloss is enough for most days" camp.

• Women who are bad at using makeup should use less.

Really heavy makeup in the daytime looks ... like a costume.

Well applied touches make everyone look better.

Evening/special events you can glam it up.

• I do, unless they actually need it.

But one type of makeup that I really do like over natural is some black eye shadow. Really enhances the eyes.

• in America they like what looks best, they probably won't admit it though

• If the girl is natural or wears makeup it is fine with me, I do not really care. As long as she looks good and feels good.

What Girls Said 3

• i think men prefer women wearing natural looking makeup, e.g. good blended foundation, neutral colored eye shadows, a little eyeliner and mascara, light blush/bronzer. nothing too bold or heavy looking but not the plain jane of no makeup as much as they might think they do.

• Men prefer to THINK a girl is not wearing makeup. In other words, they prefer a girl to wear makeup, but to make it look really natural so that it looks like she's not wearing it.

• I think they like a girl that looks good and sometimes light make up isn't noticable