If a person is considered "HOT", then they are intimidating?

I just finished watching a documentary on Objective beauty and Perceived beauty.

In the rating scale, an 8 or above is considered hot. And they are most likely never to get complimented. because people are intimidated by them.

Lets talk about perceived beauty (when you see someone in real life)

A female that is an 8 or above, will most likely never get complimented because she intimidates most guys. She has that "b*tchy" model look wherever she goes.

A male that is an 8 or above has a strong jaw and defined jawline. It will give off an illusion that he looks like a dangerous, fighter type of man. This will intimidate most girls and that person will most likely not get complimented.

SO! people of GaG, let me hear your thoughts and opinions.

Think about it for a second, a person who is truly an 8 or above is truly considered hot. and YOU yourself know you wouldn't have the courage to go up to them and compliment how hot they are. For example, meeting a celebrity, meeting your favorite p*rnstar, or a band member. Reason 1: you are intimidated, Reason 2: there are probably people around

Uhh sorry people, I can't find it in Youtube anymore. I think it was called "The golden ratio" or "What makes us attractive".

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that I'm less likely to be intimidated by an attractive guy if he has an approachable personality. For instance, if he's a nice guy who is outgoing, not afraid to compliment people, and seems genuinely interested in what I have to say, then I won't feel shy about complimenting him or going up to him and starting a conversation. However, if a guy is attractive but keeps to himself and doesn't maintain the flow of a conversation or act like he is interested in me as a person, then I'm less likely to approach him. It helps to assert oneself with confidence.

What Girls Said 11

• This is very interesting! Can you give us the exact name of the documentary? I see this happening a lot. I mean when I see someone I find very attractive, I seem to open my mouth and say the craziest things because I get a bit nervous and my mind goes blank. Which is funny cos I'd say I'm an attractive girl and I see that happening the other way around, ie. a guy may talk to me and seem kinda nervous but he won't ask me out, they chicken out. I always initiate it and then they loosen up. But still, like I was saying, I get nervous around attractive guys and I can't be myself around them! So it doesn't work out.

However I think it's all about attitude. I'm extremely open and friendly and I talk quite a lot so people loosen up easier around me. Which is great! But now I'm wondering if what you mentioned has to do with me thinking that they are uptight (about guys who may look "dangerous" cos of the jaw, hmmmm)

Finally I want to mention that by attractive guys yeah I mean the handsome ones too but mostly I lose it in the presence of someone very confident, mysterious, cool (usually tall) guy. And last but not least, I don't care how awesome or handsome or cool someone is, if he isn't loose, a goofball, quirky, fun etc then it won't work.

So let's overcome these issues on attraction and give people a chance to loosen up and look beyond their looks:) ...easier said than done since we take first impressions seriously...

• Defined jaw lines are indeed hot.

My thoughts on what you just said ? Everytime a guy tells me I'm hot he's most likely hypocritical :(. That would be very sad !

• not true... I noticed on my Facebook friends (they are my real friends and cousins), if they are hot they get more friends and more friends compliment them

• I said perceived beauty as in real life. What you were talking about is objective beauty.

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure it's been proven that those who are more beautiful gets treated more nicely than those who are not. have you seen the movie 200 pound beauty? When she was fat and ugly no one paid attention to her. Then she got lipo and got skinny and then people treated her much nicer. It's in real life too

• I usually get compliments from either women, older guys or children... Guys around my age I only get to know they find me pretty or something through some friend who might do the introduction...

I'm probably not an 8 and it's already sad, lol

• I agree completely!

Back in my awkward days, I used to be so intimidated by guys who were overwhelmingly attractive. I was so insecure back then, I thought I'd never have a chance and psyched myself out before even getting to know if this beautiful man was worth all that much.

That intimidation factor faded away when I became really confident in myself, my look, and what I have to offer men. Also, just being very honest and real about the fact that hot people can have their issues too really makes them seem less intimidating. For example, I dated a gorgeous guy with an amazing body who was clingy, controlling, boring, and too uptight. He's human just like the rest of us but I think that's easy to look over when someone is so attractive.

• She won't get compliments from guys but from other people. Perhaps, older men and women will compliment her more.

I don't see why anyone wouldn't... If I see a girl who's an 8, I would definitely compliment her. Mostly likely on her face... If I know her more on the personal side, I'll compliment on her body.

If I see a guy who's an 8... (Which is very rare) - I probably wouldn't say anything unless, I find a reason to go talk to him in the first place. A guy with a strong defined jawline will only come off as mysterious/dangerous, if he has dark hair.

Guys are more aware of their own attractiveness than girls are about themselves.

If a girl's attitude comes off 'bitchy' - To me, it doesn't change that she's hot. It won't even make her slightly unattractive... I'll just end up avoiding her. Same goes for a guy.

• I guess it depends on how you look at it. I will not approach a hot guy but that is because I am shy, so no I guess I don't really compliment them. However, I blush and look down real fast, so I figure they would take that as a compliment of some sort.

• What was the documentary?

I was always picked on in high school and was literally told all the time how I was ugly by guys AND girls. I lost around 90lbs a few years later and I honestly think God did a small miracle to answer my prayers because people say I'm unrecognisable now. All of the sudden strangers were coming up and randomly telling me I should model or new friends said they were intimidated by me because I was so pretty. I still think with my "ugly/fat" mindset though...So I feel inferior to all males even though a lot of guys are interested in me now. It's become it's own catch-22 because I'm so intimidated to approach ANY male and supposedly now guys are intimidated by me. Overall, yea I def agree with this documentary's logic.

• Incredible story--and what's more admirable is the fact that you stayed humble cos nothing sucks more than cocky people who are full of themselves. I do see your point though and it sounds tough. Look on the brightside--at least you'll know which giys are actually intereste in you for ho you are cos the ones who are patient will get to see your personality too! Try to boost your confidence tho because you don't wanna randomly give in eventually if you get lonely.be yourself and have fun:)

• haha same thing happened to me just not quite as extreme as your case.

• The jawline isn't the most important thing that's hot on a guy I love the eyes the most and most of my girls will agree the eyes come first in hotness then the rest of the face, jawline, etc. But yes I am intimidated by a hot guy creates all sorts of butterflies and I stutter my speech if I talk to him.

• If someone is considered hot, and I'm not, then yeah I will feel intimidated... If someone is considered hot, but I'm considered beautiful, then heck I will not feel intimidated!

I don't feel intimidated by males, no matter how hot they appear, but yes by women, if in the above circumstances.

• feminist.

• I'm the opposite no reason to be intimidated by a good looking girl unless your lesbo dyke. Guys on the other hand if they are hot will intimidate me to death.

• yes, they are to most of the average joes and janes of the world.

they mingle with the selected crop of the beautiful and rich.

• don't have to be beautiful and rich you can be beautiful and middle class like me.

What Guys Said 5

• I've heard mixed things on this. Some super hot women I know say they never get compliments because guys are intimidated, and some get lot's of compliments. That's in person, online girls get tons of them though.

lol someone just posted a Q about how girls talked to them less after they got better looking, so who knows. Probably because he's more intimidating, but still hotter.

I think this is why people tend to date people of similar of attractiveness ratings. It's the intimidation factor and "they're out of my league thing". Hot girl and guy might not be as intimidated by each other. Just like ugly girl and ugly guy isn't either. But take the two opposites and the lesser attractive one is intimidated.

What I wana know is what the documentary was? Love this stuff.

• Only if you're a p*ssy.

It's easy to be a hypocrite. Just saying.

• What was the documentary called?

• Im considered an 8, an I'm never complimented on.

• It could be thay guys think "she always gets compliments. Let me try something else or let her be."