Do you think you're wearing the wrong bra size?

For the longest time I thought I was 32C-D. I currently wear 32D, but I still have spillage and have to use the tightest hook to get any support, so I sorta expected that I was wearing the wrong size anyway.

I recently stumbled upon this thin and curvy blog link

And it says that adding 4-6 inches to your band measurement like most companies tell you to do is completely wrong, and that they tell you to do this so they can sell more bras and not have to manufacture more variety of sizes.

I'm most likely a 28F size. That's crazy because most people can't even believe I'm 32D. I search for 28F and there's barely any places, even online, that sell them. Knowing that I'm actually 28F instead of 32D makes me irritated knowing I could be getting much better comfort and support.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry about what "actual" size you are. Just go to a store where they have a lot of bras and try them all on in different sizes around your size, you're sure to find some that fit. And different brands are also sized differently.

There are definitely styles where the 32 will be much tighter than others.

Try a 30DD before you jump to the conclusion that you are a 28F link

That will give you some ideas for brands, then you can shop around for better prices.

• Well according to my measurements by rib cage is 28inches. I haven't tried a 30DD but with how 32D fits loose on the tightest hook (this is VS bras which run small anyway), though better, I can't imagine 30DD giving me the support I need. There's no stores in my area that I'm aware of that sell 28F or even 30DD for that matter so I would have to order online, which would suck if it doesn't fit at over $50 per bra. I'm not worried about my actual size I just want a good fit for once in my life.

• Here's a site that specializes in fitting link

link

• That particular site is recommending 28G for some reason. Thanks for the link though. I've never seen that website before.

What Guys Said 2

• No. I do not need to wear a bra.

• 28Fs sound all KINDS of hot! The girl who originally did that blog has an absolutely incredible body. It can only be described as slim and stacked!

What Girls Said 5

• That's quite interesting. Hmm, makes sense though. There's lots of gimmicks in this world so that people can make more money. Sneaky. I'll definitely be checking that blog out to see if I have the right size :)

• I am. I went to Nordstrom , in the bra area to find a girl to help measure me. Which did help. But before I was wearing a 34B now I'm wearing a 32B so not that off.

• Definitely go in to Nordstrom and have them fit you. I'm a 30D, and it's really hard for me to find bras, but I've found a few websites that are helpful. Nordstorm has some, but they're usually really expensive. Look at asos.com, herroom.com, and barenecessities.com

• Nordstrom does not carry my size though. I did recently buy some bras from barenecessities.com

• I heard a lot are like I know my mom is but I think I'm wearing the right size

• I was wearing the wrong bra size before. I thought I was a 36b but I started to realize it didn't fit right. Then I tried a 34c and it fit much better but I soon realized it was too small and my boob was pushing the middle part that connects the two cups completely off my chest. So then I tried a 34d bra and it fit much better :)

• Wow, you too? Yeah it really does make a difference too. I used to wear 34B too. 34/36 B/C are like the default sizes. So many women get that size and for most of them it's the WRONG size.