Do you really find protruding hip bones, to be attractive?

I have 5 pictures 3 girls and 2 boys and I want you to honestly

tell me that (A, You find that attractive and (B. You actually condone that and think it's healthy?

Guys, when you look at these pictures, can you honestly say you

find them to be datable and or somebody you'd be physically intimate with?

Here are the girls: link

link

link

And,ladies could you see yourself with a guy like this, do really

find this appealing? I don't ,neither one is appealing to me! Not my type of guy.

Here are the guys: link

link

okay I look forward to your answers! Thanks! : )

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I've ever focused on this area (hip bones) specifically. I focus more on an overall look.

Having said that, the first two girls are VERY thin but not quite into "you have a problem" territory. Both girls would look fine with 10 more pounds on them, though.

The third girl is in anorexic territory. That's not "naturally thin", that's "I was starving so I ate TWO pieces of celery today!" It's absolutely unattractive.

Women should be soft and smooth. That doesn't mean they have to be "fat", but no guy (well, almost no guy) wants to be with a bag of bones. The first two girls are right on the edge, but aren't horrible, and are probably that thin because their jobs demand it (remember: women and gay men do all of the casting in the fashion world). The third girl is a skin-covered skeleton and might be dead already, and has to be badly malnourished if she's still alive.

If I see a girl's entire ribcage when she's standing normally, she's not healthy. Unfortunately, the fashion world doesn't care about healthy; they just want stick-thin women to model their clothes. That's NOT what men want.

We like women who aren't OVERweight, but we don't want them UNDERweight either!

What Guys Said 21

• I don't find it attractive at all. It makes me want to feed these girls. If it is done healthily like the first link (which looks thoroughly photoshopped) I'd be OK with it but still not attracted.

• Nope, neither for men or women. Protruding bones makes me think of famine or dire poverty, neither is good.

• The last chick Id be scared of breaking in two if I hugged her the other two yes are hot. Hip bones showing doesn't mean mal nutrition just a lack of body fat. If the person ate properly and exercised to look like that then yes hey are very healthy and in great shape.

• Personally, no. I do not find protruding bones on a woman to be attractive, at all.

Especially not in places where there ~should~ be soft curves.

• I don't

and I think for guys you picked the wrong pictures.

First has a V-shape body

And I don't know what second is lol

link

That's what comes to my mind for protruding bones on a guy.

I have that and I don't think its really attractive. Shows a skinnier guy and I don't know many girls that like skinny guys

I don't like them on Guys or Girls

I'd rather a girl have pudge than protruding bones

• I can't say that I'd turn down a girl like the women in the first and second link (that I was attracted to), but I like it a lot more when a woman has just a little more meat on her bones...

• 1st and second hot, third ... definitely would look better heavier.

• No. I can live with it so long as she doesn't look too much like a skeleton, but prefer a girl to have a smooth soft look. Once you start getting bone protrusions all over the place many girls look anorexic.

• No I wouldn't, don't find it at all attractive ! Some people are naturally slim and that is OK - but if you can see ribs yuck !

• I have protruding hip-bones: I use them for drive-bys :P

• NO!

• #3 looks like death.

• Disgusting!

• thats just too disgusting!

• it depends but what's certain is that the last girl needs to eat some breakfast.

• I would want my woman to be healthy..but YES! I SO love it when I can picture her pelvis..Really Hot! ..(:(:(:

• looks nasty lol.

• doesn't matter

• For the girls, all of those girls are very sexy.

Women should have at least a little bit of their hip bones showing. Otherwise they have love handles. Love handles is just a sweet way of saying fat.

• Nope, they're very unattractive to me. Though the first girl, Lima?, she doesn't seem to have that as much.

• link my ideal woman. so I have to say no.

What Girls Said 17

• I think you used some bad examples, they seem a bit biased to make me say I don't find them appealing.

Based on the examples you gave, I would've said no, I don't find them appealing.

But in reality, if they're paired with some muscle and it's not just skin and bones, and you can still see the protruding hip bone, I think it looks hot on both guys and girls (I'm not a lesbian, but that's what I strive for on my body).

This girl: link

has pretty much my ideal stomach. She has protruding hip bones but it's not like she's just skin and bones, she's got some nice abs too.

And on guys, the V-shape (which has protruding hip bones) is something that is considered pretty darn desirable. lol.

The first example on guys you gave is a bit extreme but something like this:

link

is super hotttt.

Protruding hip bones aren't always a sign of being too skinny and unhealthy. When paired with muscle, it's super hot.

If there's no muscle though, I agree it's not appealing.

• How protruding/visible are we talking about? The examples that you gave are quite extreme. There are women out there who have curves and softness to them but still have visible hip bones.

Not everyone with protruding hip bones is underweight or too bony. I have slightly protruding/visible hip bones but also have a bit of fat around my hips and belly. I'm not overweight but I am definitely not toned or super slim. I'm average and healthy, I just have prominent hip bones.

I have found that guys love to play with my hips. I don't know why but they love to grab them, trace their fingers over the bone and squeeze the fleshy part of my hips. I love it, lol but I am slightly curvy, I don't think that they would be so fascinated with my hips and hip bones if I was any thinner. I think that they like the combination of fleshy hips with slightly protruding hip bones. Maybe it is strange to them, I don't know.

It's not the best example because of the lighting and the angle that she is standing at, but this woman has slightly visible hip bones and is by no means underweight or bony: i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Uneeked/2xist.jpg Her hip bones are subtle and barely visible, but I think that they are beautiful.

As for the guys, I couldn't see the first pic but the second was a bit to small for me. I personally love the stocky, strong type with a little bit of fat on their belly and I am not a fan of abs. I don't know how to link on here but I prefer guys who look like this: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/23/f6/17/23f617dc32c8b139c97d6a032610143d.jpg

• It looks horrible on girls .. seeing their hip bones just reminds me of the fact that human beings are actually skeletons .. wrapped in skin well , but you know what I mean .. its not cool at all !

On guys on the other hand .. I think it looks allright .. because you see the guys' upper part of the body is like an upside down triangle so having that part there really skinny is a good thing .. so hipbones are understandable.

Girls though , should have bigger hips .. and should be bigger there , so hip bones are not cool , just reminds me that she is not in good shape and is incredibly skinny which sucks because I dislike really skinny female bodies :)

• All of those pictures show entirely different body types. The hips aren't really what make them attractive or unattractive, imo.

• funny when I look in the mirror my hip bones do that, but I'm not underweight at all, actually I could defiantly loose 10 lbs, I'm 5' 3" and weigh 130lbs. just the way I'm built, I think people assume its a sign of an eating disorder and respond negatively to your question.

• I do like protruding hipbones on girls and guys.

I am a girl, I have them and I'm perfectly healthy. It doesn't always look disgusting as it does in some extreme cases (anorexia).

It all depends on body shape, and such.

Overall appearance is definitely more important then the single aspect.

• "Overall appearance is definitely more important then the single aspect"

yes, exactly

• For girls: I thought the first 2 looked fine, the 3rd was a little too thin, but moreso cause of her ribs not so much her hips.

Guys: first guy looked good, second had kinda strange proportions...can't quite pin point it, but he did not stand out as unhealthy.

In general I like the skinny body type so yeah I'd have no problem being with someone like that

• My hips bones stick out further than any of those girls. I'm fairly skinny, yes, but I don't think I'm underweight. I have large hips and that's just the way my hips are shaped. I don't think hip bone protrusion alone is a fair determinant of how skinny someone is.

For the guys, the first one is too muscular and the second one is just funny looking. I like tall, average frame size but skinny (as in not bulked up) but toned guys best.

• They're all too extreme for me.

• You're only showing girls who are extremely skinny! If your question is solely about hip bones those are bad examples. Why don't you show some average weight girls with large hip bones, like me!

• Because, this based off a question I saw yesterday, from question asker on here who wants to

look like that and everybody was condone this behavior. And, I just wanted know if people thought was attractive and why anyone would want to put themselves though that. Basically I was appauled at what I saw and that's why I'm asking this question.

That and I don't look that, I actually have hips and I'm glad that I do! Sorry if I offend you though, it was not my intention! I'm sorry : (

• I told her it wasn't going to happen. Her body fat is really low - she just doens't have 'stick outtie' hip bones.

• I'd love to look like the first girl!

• The first one wouldn't come up for me but no the second one is NOT attractive at all

• Hey why do the guys get three pics and we only get two!

• all of them eww, especially the males, except for link no. 2

• i don't find it attractive on women at all, its unbearable to even look at =/ adriana lima is beautiful on the face her boobs look fake or at least well adjusted by a push up bra, but the body looks lumpy and 'bag of bones' like makes a woman look older then she is, men like youthful looking woman tender body and soft curves like lucy hale link

even the guys, the a&f model looks okay, I don't prefer a guy to look like that, but if he does have the bulk then its fine, its sexy, but if he doesn't have muscles I don't care for any of it, I def don't like them scrawny like 2nd pic and then with the pelvic bone, nuh uh! to be honest when I imagine a mate, it looks painful to be 'thrusted' with those sharp protruding bones if you know what I mean, and I don't like bruises! I prefer soft warm cuddly hugs :)

• The a&f model is in good shape and I like the v on guys and I think the first two girls look perfect and the last one way too frail

• i'm naturally thin and my collarbone & my hips protrude.

There is NOTHING I can do about it & I'm perfectly healthy.

I'm not *offended* but your question seems incredibly biased towards finding girls with that body type unattractive.

• She's doing it because I asked a question about how to get protruding hipbones and she's offended that people didn't say they're disgusting and go on and on about how women should have fat hips and whatnot