What causes stretch marks on the butt and thighs?

i just wanted to know what cause them and mines are really visible.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. fast weight gain

2. fast growth

3. certain medical conditions

this is it. choose one.

• is think is both one and two but what if am slim?

• it doesn't matter. if you reached your current height fast you can be as slim as you want, your skin simply wasn't prepared for that kind of change.

but hey, don't worry, there are certain treatments that can help you with stretch marks relatively very well.

What Guys Said 5

• Stretching?

• unhealthy weight loss or weight gain, mostly causing skin length changes.

if you've seen the biggest looser you'll see rapid weight loss leaves them with a lot of flappy skin

• People kicking your butt and thighs will cause stretch marks

• Rapid change of size causes them to appear.

• It's the changing size of the skin, when it stretches...no shocker there right.

What Girls Said 4

• skin stretching. usually because of weight gain,puberty,pregnancy.

• Rapid weight gain or lose.I'm starting to get them on my thighs too!

• Growth aka puberty.

• I've never been heavy, but when I went through a fast growth spurt, I got them on my hips.

Basically they come from any kind of rapid growth, height or width. The skin can't accommodate to the rate you are growing at.

• so if the stretch marks are on my butt and hips that mean they are growing bigger?

• Not necessarily. Did you go through a phase where you grew somewhat quickly height wise? Because I wouldn't think those areas would happen because of weight gain unless you got big, which it doesn't sound like. But everyone's skin has different levels of tolerance

• no I am still the some height