What body type are you?

Women: link

Men: link

I am a mesomorph and what freaks me out is that my body looks like that X) crazy stuff.

• Ectomorph
  • Mesomorph
  • Endomorph

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely a mesomorph. I'm not super toned or cut or anything like that, I'm actually chubby, but I have a TON of muscle mass. I build muscle like it's nothing, with almost no effort. I've ALWAYS been chubby, from the time I was born, but I was also an athlete and ate relatively well compared to most kids. I played soccer for 7 years straight and volleyball for 2 years after that, and built crazy muscle in my legs. My legs are one part of me that IS toned, and while I haven't done any sports in several years, that kind of muscle doesn't just go away. When I flex, there's no fat to grab, except maybe a tiny bit in my inner thighs where I've softened slightly. Yet as athletic as I always was, I never LOST any chub. I didn't really gain any either, as far as muscle and fat ratio, my body has been mostly the same since I hit adolescence. Now I work as a caregiver for an elderly woman, and her care involves a lot of transfers. I have to lift her several times a day, and she's about 120 pounds of dead weight because she's almost entirely immobile. I don't lift weights or 'work out' my arms, but my shoulders and biceps have gotten pretty intense just from working this job. I have chub on my arms, but rock hard muscle when I flex, lol.

What Guys Said 23

• I find those types as gross oversimplifications. They almost translate into: Are you skinny, average, or fat?

• not really, a bit more goes into it. How else would describe the different types of bodies?

• Im a Mesomoorph, however apparently its very rare for anyone to be solely just one of them, most people tend to be a slight mix between them

• Mesomorph

I've always had a heavy build but I find it very easy to lose weight

And I always see results in my muscle mass and tonage within a few weeks of working out

It's always nice to see peoples reactions when they see the more or less dramatic difference between how I was and how I am

• It seriously is a great feeling when they are shocked like that :D

• Aw, mesomorph looks good! I think I'm also meso.

• Meso. As a kid I was very thin, but now I'm definitely not thin or fat. I put on weight easily but I also find it easy to lose it. Very pleased with it.

• they are very similar but I am a small guy.

• not exactly a mesomorph so ill go with ectomorph

• I'm either ectomorph with good gym success or something between ectomorph and mesomorph.

• I'd have to say mesomorph with a little mix of endomorph as well.

• Ectomorph

• lol at guys (and girls) who think they are mesomorphic. That's silly. Those are rarer than the other two.

• I was thinking that, but it is also possible to be a mix of things

• I'm a mesomorph

• Mesomorph

• ectomorph

• I'm a mesomorph

• I like all the female types. I am a meso.

• im like between ectomorph and mesomorph

• Id probablly say endomorph.

• I kinda don't believe in body types. I just believe some people have bigger bones and different shapes. The article descriptions sound like they have no true evidence.

I myself might be considered an endo except for the fact that I fit the description of mesomorph.

• I'm an ectomorph. Kinda sucks. I like the link to the "in shape endomorph" women. Nice!

• I personally think that is the hardest in shape body type to find when it comes to women... hard to lose weight, often a lot softer and more susceptible to gaining weight fast.

• I do think that they are beautiful though :X I wish I could pull it off, but weight and my body don't seem to want to work together :L

• I hear you. They are some of the hottest women in the world (in-shape endomorph women) and as the article says of the in shape endomorph, "your body doesn't need clothes to look its best!" So true! The down side is, as you point out it's very rare. And also, it can go downhill very fast. Witness Jessica Simpson's spectacular decline from one of the hottest bodies out there 10 years ago to what she looks like today.

• The guys on my moms side of the family are endomorphs. My dad's side of the family are ectomorphs, so I would probably be a bit of a mixture and it seems that way. However, I think I'm more of an ecto than the other.

• im an ecto-meso. I'm fairly built but I work out a lot and pretty much have to eat as much as I can every day

• Mesomorph definitely

What Girls Said 17

• I'm a mesomorph. I'm not quite as muscular, but I'm not meant to be super slender. Id be surprised if I could get under 130 pounds, and I'm 5'1.

• Ectomorph. I eat soooooooo much. Way more than anybody I've ever known basically, and it's impossible for me to gain any weight.:P

• ectomorph

• Mesomorphs but my body frame is small to medium lol.

• mesomorph

• Deeeefinitely an Endomorph. And surprisingly, I'm okay with that :)

• mesomorph unfortunately

I wish I was an ectomorph

their bodies look better and much more feminine...

• not really ^^ most would say that a mesomorph is ideal when it comes to feminine qualities. Better for child baring, naturally curvier... they avoid having skinny fat on their bodies and in the long run do not suffer from bone issues as much. But hey better and more feminine are subjective and I'll leave you to your beliefs and ideals. It' just most really don't think that way

• it was sarcasm -_- lol

• I didn't know if you're in America. I just assumed you were and that you'd get it. Sorry -_-

• The first

• I think I'm an endomorph :(

• I don't really think I'm any of those...

• your body can be a mix of them to... that is more common actually :)

• Ectomorph, but I also obsessive over what I eat to remain that way.

• i am ectomorph.. I can never gain weight and can eat anything. I did however become Endomorphs after gaining 30 pounds on depo birth control shot but the great thing about this is I gained curves and an butt

• That is why I am scared to take the because pill... I'm really not digging the whole weight gain thing :/

• this is true, I guess I will just have to see what happens ^^ Did the IUD hurt?

• omg yes! I had it done 2 times and it lasts 5 years. the worse pain is when they clamp your uterus open. it feels like someone has a tight pinch inside you and it hurts so bad. once it goes into the uterus it feels like a period cramp. whole procedure lasted 2 mins. once done no pain and no periods for 5 years

• ectomorph

• ecto/meso

• Mesomorph...

• endomorph but I'm not fat, my BMI is healthy according to my doctors (23.5 I believe) but I have a lot of curves, if I don't watch myself I gain weight easily.

• I really don't know I am small framed like an Ecto but have good muscle mass and some curves like the Endo but don't really gain weight or loose weight easily I just sort of maintain.