Do you think being pretty helps with your male teachers?

Does being a very pretty girl give you some advantages with a male teacher (preference, they'll be more lenient for late hw, etc). I do NOT mean, flirting in any way shape or form. I only mean being very physically attractive and having a nice personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a teacher that obviously was like that, but I think the vast majority of teachers catch themselves if they notice their bias because they know it's not right. Letting someone off the hook goes completely against what their job is.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on how shallow the teacher is.

• 100% pretty girls get away with tickets even get free things sometimes. If your pretty and get benefits for it good for u

• No, I think they do it when they know you are capable and have shown that you're typically a good kid. That's discrimination anyway

What Girls Said 4

• yes. it also happens with good looking guys too. people are shallow by nature, it takes true character to rise above that. Most people don't care or are not willing to put in the effort. So yes, it does help.

• Maybe. I've never seen anyone be treated differently though.

• i've had an older male college professor allow me to pass his class a few years ago by giving me some extra work to complete...but I don't know if it was because he found me attractive or just out of pity.

• Sometimes, depending on the teacher.