Do you change your dressing habits when in a relationship?

I was curious as to who is buying all the push-up bras and other things that make your chest look bigger, etc... do you buy these things primarily when you're single, or do you continue to do so in a relationship or marriage?

As in my discussion below, the point of the question is, are these things part of "looking nice", whether you're single or committed, or do you dress that way to get attention from people in general?

Most Helpful Girl

• After you get in a relationship you get comfortable and start to dress more relaxed. I admit that since my fiance have been serious I don't dress up as much. I do however, like to dress up for him every now and again when we go out. I don't need push up bras but I do tend to pull out my nicer lingerie.

• Out of curiosity, why the change?

• No one's arguing. This is merely a discussion so please stop feeling so victimized. Here's the way I see it. There's a time and place for everything. When I go work-out I do not need to put make up on as it will run down my face. However, when I go out to a fancy dinner I will dress up. If I'm cleaning with my husband I will not bother to put make up on. Some people go out to clubs and dress up because it's fun. It's a night to go out and flaunt what you got so of course they will dress up.

• I don't feel victimized, but I don't want you to think I'm being difficult. I don't go to clubs, so I don't know, hence my broader question above: what is the purpose of "flaunting what you have"? I don't want someone to want me because I have big arms or whatever I may or may not have. I'll dress up at a nice dinner, so we're in agreement there. I'm not dressing up so someone across the restaurant will say "that guy is hot". Please fill me in.

What Girls Said 4

• There are many reasons why people dress up. They range from wanting to dress up for yourself, dressing up for fun, dressing up to attract other people, dressing up to make up for what you lack in self esteem and dressing up because someone else did and you don't want to be the oddball out. We all have different reasons. Personally I dress up every now and again because it's fun to get dolled up every now and again. Not for other people but for myself. It's like Halloween, dressing up is fun.

• Thanks. I think that's the attitude my girlfriend has. I guess I should realize that even if everyone here gave one answer, each person is unique and I should go with my gut. You and my girlfriend probably have a lot of self-esteem which is an attractive quality imho.

• Thank you. I do have just the right amount of self esteem blanced out with humility.

• i think I start dressing a but more casual, but every once in a while I like to mix it up and dress up, just to make things a little more exciting.

• I'd want to keep him interested. But I might pop by his house with more laid back attire because I feel like he'd accept me.

• Good question. I'm not sure.

I think I would change my dressing habits for the better especially if I'm in a relationship with a guy that's a good dresser. I dress kinda plain and I'm not into fashion (well I am into it but I don't really wear fashionable clothes, I just like to look at them in magazines and stuff). I wouldn't want to look worse than my boyfriend.

• Good answer. My girlfriend dresses nicely but isn't into the latest trends and having 96 bags and flashy stuff, and I like that.

What Guys Said 1

• Not sure if you were looking for answers from guys as well, but my 2 cents is that I don't change a thing about my dress when I'm in a relationship. I always dress the way I want, stylish but comfortable, always appropriate. Having a girlfriend doesn't change that for me.