Girls DO care about looks, even more than guys do!

from what I've found , the most important thing for girls is looks and physical attraction.

they don't care much about personality , sense of humor , or anything else they claim to care about.

it's all about looks and looks alone

if a guy is hot or cute , nothing else matters.

do you agree ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously we have to care about looks to an extent because we need to be attracted to you! Just like guys don't say "look at the personality on that girl, shame someone smashed her face in with a shovel" you care as well.

That being said, you could be the most gorgeous man in the world with a perfect body, chiselled abs and stunning features, if you are a complete wanker than we're not going to be attracted to you... same as if a girl is a two timing bitch, you won't care how rockin' her knockers are.

So...to sum up, yes you are right, to an extent.

What Girls Said 24

• We're human.we want a guy we are attracted to as well. I wouldn't date a guy just for his looks but I don't want one I'm repulsed by either. But I do think some of these girls need to stop lying when they say it don't matter what the guy looks like.yes it does

• Nope.

Looks are important but not THAT important.

I wouldn't date a guy I wasn't attracted to - but I wouldn't date a guy who, the only thing I found attractive about him was his looks. Looks aren't that big a deal for me.

• In my personal experience, no, girls do not care about looks at much. I've definitely experienced where a guy was unattractive, then I got to know him and wanted him. I also have extremely high standards, but I don't hold guys to the physical standards - personally. My friends don't either.

• You could possibly make the argument that many girls will be attracted by looks but its that other stuff that will keep her around.

But saying that looks alone is all there is to it is a gross overstatement.

• every answer here seems to be a variation on we care more about a guys personality, the truth is good looking guys do normally have less work to do at first, a girl sees a cute lad she will be interested obviously, guys who are kinda average looking may actually have to speak to the girl, and after that point its pretty much an even playing field as far as anyone worthwhile is concerned, you will get a few girls and guys who only go for people they think are hot but that's not all of us

there is also the point to be made what some people find attractive others dont.

• i thought you were attractive then I read your post, do you really think ALL girls are that shallow?

• i wouldn't say they don't care about those things, but like any human on the planet we are visual creatures, the first thing we notice about a person is how they look. And whether we want to or not, we judge people within about the first 3 seconds of seeing them. And girls, more than guys do care about humor and personality more than guys do, from a biological and chemical stand point. Boys are meant to breed, whatever girl has the biggest hips, smallest waist, and long hair, is "supposedly" more fertile. So guys are biologically linked to go for girls looks more than there personality. Girls on the other hand have less of that pure sex drive. I'm not saying that some girls aren't shallow, because that'd be a flat out lie. But I do think your opinion is very biased from your own experiences. I hope you can find a girl that can prove that's not all girls care about. at all.

• Hell freaking no. Yes, girls do care on varying levels, but to say that girls care more about looks as guys is crazy. Almost every time I've heard a guy talk about what he wants/needs in a girl, looks are always part of the equation. I rarely hear girls include looks when she talks about what she requires in a guy.

• this is not true at all because I would not date an attractive guy who has a bad personality.

I would rather go out with a less attractive guy who has a great sense of humor and personality. Those who only care about looks are shallow and their relationship will not last long.

• Definitely not! I pretty much give everyone a chance as long as they respect me, have game and a sense of humor. Looks don't mean sh*t if their personality sucks. There obviously has to be an initial attraction and they have to at least look well put together. And to be honest that's anyone who is looking for a relationship. Men however, I could argue that they go for anything even if the broad is dirty, as long as she has big t*ts and a nice ass. Come on now son!

Don't go there.

• Oh, of course girls care about looks just as much as guys do.

And when we actually do reject a guys because of their looks, they hoot and holler about being put in the friend zone because our friendship is obviously a crappy consolation prize.

• Hmmm. Looks are important but personality is more important...

• everyone want his or her significant other is hot! that is true!

im attracted to good-looking guys at the first time and will notice them more. but personality matters a lot,esp in a relationship.

most girls do flirt and enjoy being flirted with hot guys, but tend NOT to date and get attached with handsome but shallow guys...

• Here you go: link

• Nah, it's about the same.

• No. Obviously first impressions are based off of looks, but we look for a lot more than that.

• I disagree.

• Of course we care about looks

• I disagree that it is about looks alone, however looks really do matter. According to some scientists looks are naturally more important to girls since it is the first indicator of genetics and since we are the ones who bare the children the guys genetics are important to us. The other stuff still matters but looks will make the difference between a guy getting dates or being friend zoned.

• No if you seen my taste in guys from the past I don't have high standards

• good looking guys catch my attention but guys with great personalities keep my attention

• Can guys who aren't as attractive catch your attention easily? Or do they have to work harder to show that they really are a great person and worth knowing better?

• Pretty much this.

• haha these questions are so hard for me to answer- 1)yeah I figure they can as long as they kinda make it clear that they are interested in me. otherwise, because I'm not as attracted to them I assume they are just being friendly. and 2)yes and no- they have to share something that draws me in- for attractive guys it's the looks so for "less attractive"(gosh I hates saying that) guys I guess it would be a personality trait that really stands out. once you got my attention it's fair game:)

• Yes, girls care. This isn't news for any guy that's actually successful with women. They figured this out a long time ago. It is very important when initially meeting a guy, and personality becomes just as much if not more important as we get to know him. Pretty much same as guys.

• Your pictures hot. But yeah I would care if you were a douchebag. Every girl is different. You can't just generalize.

• Don't make this a generality. It's not. I'm a girl, and I can HONESTLY say that I look for personality first. Of course, looks are what I see first, so if you're good looking, you'll have a better chance at approaching girls, but trust me, if you don't have a nice personality, you stand NO CHANCE.

What Guys Said 16

• Not all girls, some.

I would say Attraction comes first. In whatever shape, way or form that is. If she's not attracted or becomes attracted you're not going anywhere. Plus why do you care since that pic shows you topless with your finger up? Or is that somebody else?

• Most American women care about looks initially. Within the first 3 to 5 seconds, a woman has decided yay or nay based entirely on looks unless the man is behaving in some very unruly manner. Once a woman says no, that's it. Few things can make a woman change her mind from a no-type to a yes-type. This is why so many women would say about a particular man, "he a great guy but not my type."

However, it is quite easy for a great looking guy to go from a yes-type to no-type. All it takes is something said or done be it maliciously or otherwise.

There are some exceptions to this thankfully. Usually the Asians and European women judge by personality first and looks second. I have been told by my Chinese friends that face is important but not the number one rule.

• I think women care more about looks than they lead men to believe. But they definitely don't care more about looks than guys do. A guys looks can create initial interest for a woman, and sometimes keep her interested temporarily, but it will very quickly come down to personality traits. If you don't have what she's looking for her attraction to you will be gone at that point.

• If you're right - then how could you explain all those couples I see around where's an ugly ass guy - fat, nerdy and unkempt but with a pretty girlfriend?

I see it ALL the time!

Girls don't care about looks not even near that much as we, guys do.

• I must be in the wrong place because the pretty women here won't give me the time of day! And I am not so ugly fat nerdy and unkempt

• You're probably aiming at the wrong age bracket.

• Girls do care about looks...a little bit less than the average guy, but it does matter.

So it isn't just "about looks and looks alone", as you said.

• I don't think nothing else matters

I mean who DOESN'T want an attractive S/O?

Its the attraction that builds first then goes to the personality.

Put yourself in the girls shoes.

Lets say a girl is in the mall and a guy she's attracted to comes up to her and talks to her.

Girl is feeling good.

Now lets say the same girl is there but this time a guy she isn't attracted to comes up to her and talks to her.

Girl doesn't feel as good as the first guy.

(When the guys said the exact same thing to her)

Why? She's not attracted to the second guy.

You obviously can't single out all girls for this. If you are than you must single out all guys as well.

And I like this quote and sincerely believe its true.

"When you start to really know someone, all his physical characteristics start to disappear. You begin to dwell in his energy, recognize the scent of his skin. You see only the essence of the person, not the shell. That’s why you can’t fall in love with beauty. You can lust after it, be infatuated by it, want to own it. You can love it with your eyes and body but not your heart. And that’s why, when you really connect with a person’s inner self, any physical imperfections disappear, become irrelevant."

- Lisa Unger

• You have to understand, women like the moral high road. They want to believe it's only men who are shallow. Women want to believe they are honest, 100% faithful, only care about the person, and all around great people.

Nothing could be further from the truth. They are not any worse than men, but far from the image they portray. Whether you get a good woman or not is luck of the draw. One thing I'll admit women are better at is lying, so be careful. There are a lot of land mines out there.

• I won't say they care more than guys do. However girls DO care more than they claim to do.

• Girls care, enough said.

• they care the same amount

• They care just as much, at least.

• i'd say so

• debatable

• Are you serious dude? Spend all your time in the gym and see how many women you get while I take my skinny *ss and spend that time talking to women.

• Nope, don't agree.

• You solved the greatest mystery of all time, phew!

I guess someone should tell the thousands of fat guys I see every day with girlfriends that they should actually be single.

You're a life saver!