What to wear to college?

im going to college soon...can anyone tell me what to wear ...like I need fashion tips I have worn a uniform for 12 year and I need to get over that and be stylish ...help!

Most Helpful Girl

• People wear whatever they want. Lots of comfy things like cute sweats and yoga pants. Uggs and skinny jeans have been popular. Depends if you go to a preppy school or a hipster school, but at my school, there were all kinds.

When I want fashion ideas I go to YouTube style channels or just look at websites of various clothing stores.

Right now, floral skinny jeans are everywhere, and I've also been seeing a lot of sheer tops to wear over tanks. Ankle boots are also all the rage.

If you have to a walk all over campus, though, you might want to go for jeans/sneakers/t-shirt/hoodie.

What Guys Said 5

• i've always found thin but loose sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt to be very sexy. but, I'm weird and maybe sexy isn't your goal..

• Whatever you want, nobody cares in college.

• Well, most I the girls dress very casual. There are some that get dressed up for class. You can basically go with whatever you want.

• Whatever you want, it's college. Freedom at last!

• When I went to college the girls all just wore bikinis everyday.

• Beach State University? haha

• well yea you can make fun of me :P but I won't go to college in America I'll go to college in my country and here college girls are hot and stylish so I don't want to make a fool of myself you know ! but thanks that was actually funny :P

What Girls Said 7

• Style is pretty much trial and error.

Keep experimenting with different looks until you find one suitable for you.

I can't really tell you what to wear because our tastes may differ.

• Wear whatever looks good on you. Don't worry bout what others are wearing. Go to different clothes stores and try stuff on to see what you like. If you need help with style look in magazines or online stores. Also you can't go wrong with jeans, t-shirts, uggs, chucks, mini skirts, and hoodies.

• I don't think you really have to try to hard in college too look good. From what I've heard most people dress down, or wear or their college t-shirts. I mean I think when your in college everybody is past caring about what anybody looks like.

If you really want to though, pick out shirts and jeans that you can mix and match. Or you could be different and just do your own thing.

I don't think it matters much. :)

Good luck

• College isn't really all that much like high school. You do your own thing, and don't try to blend in, like in high school. Then again, wouldn't it have depended on how big your high school was?

• Wear whatever you want there's really no dress style unless you live in a certain region.But usually if its a 4yr its just smple casual,lazy like you just don't care.

• jeans, tees, and sneakers. at least that's what I'm striving to do this upcoming semester...as well as the fact that my parents don't want me to focus my attention on appearances, reason being they feel it will bring down my gpa.

there is no strict dress code in college, you can basically portray yourself in anyway you'd like.

• Wear whatever you want. Unless you are in a dance class or something where you are moving around a lot, then wear something loose and comfortable, not too revealing.

• well...i heard professors prefer LOLITAS so you better buy a pelmet ! lol !