What type of clothing style do you find most attractive on a man in his 20s?

I specify 20s because it's a completely different ball game for high school 'boys' and older men in their 30s and beyond.

Please explain your position and why, with as little reference to brand names as possible.

Personally, I usually fall into the C category, but sometimes I go with D and E. I feel it's what I am most comfortable in and think it's what girls like the most.

• Polos and khakis
  • Baggy pants with loose fitting shirts or a hoodie
  • Tight jeans and muscle tees
  • Dress pants and a button down shirt
  • Sports jacket, sweater/shirt, and jeans

Most Helpful Girl

• Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Don't sag your pants down to your knees with your underwear showing. Some girls like a clean "preppy" look like khakis and polos or dress pants and button down shirts.

Look like you have a desire to achieve something in life. What I mean is don't dress like some slacker that is going to be in the same place in 10 years as he is now.

Tight jeans and a muscle shirt are fine for some situations but it is a little extreme. When I see a guy dressed like that I usually think he is way too conceited. If you have to "show off" that much then there is something else wrong. (That is what I usually think not necessarily what is accurate).

Wear tight jeans with a button down shirt or polo. Wear a muscle shirt with some loose fitting jeans (not necessarily baggy).

Wear whatever you want. Just be confident and be happy and it doesn't matter what you have on!

What Girls Said 16

• Young attractive guys look good in clothes that fit. And you do not have to sacrifice comfort to find clothes that fit your body properly. If you want to turn girl's heads, get out of the super baggy homeless look. Also don't go to the other extreme with clothes that are too tight. The male physique is quite attractive to a women. When you walk around in super baggy clothes, they tend to make the male look like a bit of a caricature. Too tight will do the same. Wear what you want in terms of style, just see that it fits. Poor fit is the biggest fashion mistake for most men. .

• Personally, I love the polo-and-khaki look (as long as he doesn't pop his collar!) but I also like D and E. It's less what he wears than how he wears it, though. I like guys to look classy and well put together, regardless of what they're wearing. This is why the baggy look (B) rarely does it for me, because it looks too lazy.

However, it's also possible to take nice clothes (such as the sport jacket or dress pants and shirt) and wear them poorly. As long as a guy looks like he actually put the tiniest bit of effort into his appearance instead of just walking out of the house in what he slept in, I'll probably like it.

• Lol I like it wen they pop their collar lol. But I gotta give you props 4 not wanting them too!

luv ya-

xoxo haileyyy

• I usually prefer a nice pair of jeans (not too tight, not too baggy) with a nice button up shirt and a blazer to accent the shirt. I absolutely love when guys wear that ensemble. They wear it a lot here in Texas. I also love a good hoodie and jeans as well.

• I'm not voting on the poll because none of those combos are my favorite. Just bits and pieces. I like a guy in nice-fitting jeans that are LONG enough for them (whats with guys wearing pants that are too short?!?). I also dig the polos, fitted shirts but not so tight it looks like they're painted on, but above all I LOVE a guy in a nice hoodie. Preferably with a good hat too (baseball cap, etc.) But above all, the deal breaker for me is the shoes. They have to have good taste in shoes. Certain skate shoes, nice dress shoes....NO tevas, uggs, ugly tennis shoes, and most guys can't pull off flip-flops either. Sorry guys :D

• I agree about best choice not being up there. Mine choice: snug (not skin tight) jeans, boots, and white shirt: t-shirt or button down. Doesn't matter. Plus, some really nice, spicy cologne. Just don't marinate in it. You want us to get closer. Right?

• Seriously?>> I would go for a preppy look..i think its very attractive and eye captivating.

Its very decent.

• It really depends on the occasion. Casually I LOVE a guy in baggy pants and hoodies... its sexy lol but when going to a special place for something like holidays... the guy should dress a little bit more appropriate for the occasion... Jeans and a nice dress shirt would be okay

• Hm, how about a shirt that fits you and pants that aren't tight, but fit nice down your leg. Maybe you shouldn't go with any brands, brands make people seem younger. Maybe use a nice fitting polo with some loose, but not falling off, pants. This may sound stupid, but target has good fitting jeans that are so hot on some guys. (some of their shirts aren't that bad, either) or american eagle jeans look real nice on guys, as long as you don't make it really preppy, but more casual and sophisticated, but cool and cute. Wear what you want, but tight pants and a muscle shirt doesn't really sound too thrilling. It just looks like you're trying too hard.

• Well neither the pants nor the shirt are as tight as you probably think, I probably should have said tight fitting jeans and a small t-shirt.

• Well personally most girls and me haha love a gangster haha....but it true the baggy pants and the long shirts are the best or a hoodie!

Really depends on the occasion to.

But the best and the closest to the most popular outfit for a guy that age!

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

• Sometimes, I can go with C, but it depends on the occasion, and the guy has to wear it right. I am really into the "preppy" look on guys--you know, "pink polos with the collars popped up" lol : )

He doesn't have to be a brand name model, but I do like them clean shaven and confident!

• Well I'm not a huge guy, I'm skinny but I'm athletic. I've got broad shoulders and decent guns, I like the way I look in a good tight pair of jeans and a fitted t-shirt.

• I've been attracted to guys from a, b, c, d, and e at one time or another. I think its more the way you carry yourself, rather than what your wearing. However it is a big turn off to me if you look like you try really hard to fit into one category, like prep, jock, punk, skate, etc. I like it when guys look like they don't have to try very hard. Ya know?

• I personally think that its whatever you feel comfortable in. Some guys look better in the muscle tees and tight jeans, so if you got it go for it.

• Hoodies are really hot. REALLY hot. tight jeans and muscle shirt seems a little excessive. Pick one, like one day wear a muscle tee and the next tight jeans with a Hoodie <3

• That's about what I do, but instead of baggy jeans I'll wear my old favorite pair of loose fitting jeans.

• Why does it seem excessive? It's like the least effort aside from baggy clothes.

• To me it seems little excessive because you've got like a tight shirt and skinny jeans is just too much but that IS just me. If you like it and feel comfortable then go for it! A lot of time it really depends on who's wearing it, so maybe your different!

• whatever looks good on you.

im partial to a muscle tee but not specifically tight jeans.

i think any of these can look good, nothing too baggy tho.

• I like my guys to wear designer jeans usually True Religion or Seven. Calvin Klein and Abercrombie Polos, Louis Vuitton wallet. Usually they will kick it up a notch with some funky D&G stuff or some chucks

• I tend to go for B because it's very casual and comfortable. But I also like D because every guy looks good dressed up a little.

• Clean cut and mature

were not in college anymore boys, keep it clean and classy

sporty. Polos. Just whatever works for you but fits right. Nothing too baggy

xo

What Guys Said 1

• Man haven't you learned yet man, its not what you wear its how you hold yourself in those clothes!the clothes don't make the man, stop listening to your parents!

i could dress all 5 ways and be comfortable in my skin! that's what you are looking for, something that comfortable!

• I'm just getting opinions buddy, I'm already comfortable with myself. ;)

• I agree. It doesn't matter. It's different for every person and what best reflects their personality.