How to look like a hippie?

I want to start kinda looking like a hippie, I wanted to get dreads but my rents won't let me, so how do you think I should start dressing like a hippie to piss off my parents?

Either way, I'm going to piss off my parents, I don't care what anyone says on here. My boyfriend is a total hippie and they don't like him even when we don't do anything wrong, they don't like the way he dresses. So I want to be hippie too.

Most Helpful Girl

• if you can't get dreads wear your hair in beachy waves or messy curls

flip flops/sandals

bohemian dresses

nicole richie can be inspiration as far as her jewelry. her look is boho chic but her accessories can be considered hippie-esque

mischa barton dresses hippie like as well

• The only one who actually answered what I asked. With a very good one at that. Thank you!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 9

• no disrespect at all but that is so immature

and also you shouldnt try to put yourself into a category you should dress like you and be you not something else

• I know what you mean, but my soul is hippie.

• It looks like you're just trying to impress your boyfriend more than it looks like you're trying to defy your parents. a lot of teenagers dress in ways that they're parents don't like, it's just an 'teen' thing to do. your soul isn't hippie just because you're in a relationship with one. you're a hippie when you love what the whole hippie movement is all about.

• I do. And I wouldn't try to impress my boyfriend. He's already with me, why should I try to impress him?

• Why would you want to?

• Cause my boyfriend is a hippie and they don't like him just because the way he dresses, so if I become hippie they won't care cause they always love me :)

• You KNOW it doesn't work like that... You know the only way to get rid of dreads is to shave them off, right? Are you willing to sacrifice your beautiful hair? What if your next boyfriend is a non-hippie, dropdead gorgeous hockey player? If you're willing to change your ways, shouldn't your boyfriend be willing to change his loooks? Why doesn't HE change his ways to impress your parents? Everybody wins!

• I know all about dreads, don't worry. And yes, if I ever do decide to get rid of them it's called extensions and my hair grows really fast. I always date hippies anyways, I don't like hockey players, I like hippies. He did change his looks, he shaved his dreads off for me.

• is this just to get your parents angry are do you actually have a hippie cause?

• wear your hair wavy by braiding it at night then letting it out in the morning. then put some kind of hair gloss in so it looks healthy. wear unique jewelry, jeans, and flip flops. mischa barton has a very hippy style if you want to see pics of her. the key to the hippy look is you have to make sure it looks relaxed, not messy.

• That doesn't seem all that mature...

• Great answer! That really helped.

• Ok I'll let you know!

• well in her defense considering the fact that she still lives with her parents and have to do what her parents tell her (ex. the dread situation) she doesn't exactly have to be mature... she's young. everyone always says enjoy life while you're young. part of life while you're young is being immature.. and doing immature things... just saying. and to answer your question lovely summer: long flowy skirts, flowy shirts, anything with peace labels or hippie like sayings band tees such as grateful dead, led zepplin, janis joplin. little advice though if you don't want to be labeled a poser do your homework people will ask questions. try to be nice to everyone. i know you said that you don't wanna be a hippie just wanna look like one but you also said you have a hippie soul. being a hippie is from the inside it shines out its not about what clothes you wear. its that you're cheerful and happy and you spread cheerfulness and happiness every where you go.

• Stop trying to piss your parents off. It's gonna be really bad Karma when you have a kid.

• My boyfriend loves it when I use natural herbs. Or organic. Stuff and I fell closer to nature that way it's beautiful! Try using natural stuff.

• Hippie is a label. A real hippie wouldn't call themself a hippie because its categorizing yourself.

• OMG! Seriousoly only 2 people answered the question I asked. You...not one of them.

• 1- Fuck you

2- Learn how to spell

3- Never said I was a hippie, I just wanted to look like one.

• I was using sarcasm with some of my spelling

• I agree with Irish girl