Should I wear heels if my legs are really long?

hey...so I have really long legs. I wear extra long jeans and my inseam is probably about 34 or so inches. I am about 6'5". People always comment on how long my legs are. It doesn't really bother me except for pants shopping and sometimes I feel self conscious. But I was wondering...magazines like cosmopolitan say that when going on a date or when dressing up guys like girls to wear heels not flats. But when I wear heels that adds about another inch to my legs and I think it makes them too long so I usually just wear flat shoes. It also makes me taller than some guys. A lot of my guy friends aren't much taller than me. Do guys really like it when girls where heels? or do they not care? Should I just stick with flats? thanks for helping!

sorry I meant I'm 5'5" not 6'5" big mistake...

Most Helpful Guy

• And what does Cosmo know?

I personally have no preference for heels. The only guys who really care that much about womens' shoes are the ones who have weird foot fetishes.

Wearing heels is kind of like a guy wearing a suit and tie. I'll put up with it, but I don't like it that much because there's no originality.

I don't think heels look very natural on a woman to begin with, and it looks even worse if she's awkward or clumsy with them. It's a bit of a turn-off if a girl is wearing heels and she steps on me.

Of course, some women can pull-off heels better than others, just as some guys can pull-off suits better than others. I say if you're on a date, dress to impress and wear things that look nice (including your shoes) but don't think you have to wear heels.

Originally, when you said you were 6'5", I was like, "Man, and she still wants to wear heels to be even taller?" But 5'5" isn't that tall at all, unless you're dating a really short guy.

What Guys Said 6

• I think heels can be attractive, but if your motive is attract guys, I would skip them at your height. As a tall girl, you are already intimidating to a lot of guys. You're just adding another layer of intimidation if you add the heels. If you get in a relationship it is ok to ask your boyfriend if he's fine with you wearing heels. If so, go for it.

If your goal is to look really attractive, but not necessarily to attract guys, go for the heels! :D

• Ooooops I meant I'm 5'5"!! lol

• Five five? Ha, you're not quite fun-sized, but somewhere in the middle. Go for the 2-3" heels and don't give it a second thought. Own the heels, they do accentuate the way your legs look. :)

• I really don't see it as being an issue. Me personally though I just dislike heels. I'd rather see a girl in sneakers or something else I know to be comfortable to wear and practical.

• Really, there's no problem with long legs! Nothing wrong with heels, nothing wrong with flat shoes either.

I don't know about American theories on that but in Europe, high heels and pants are not always considered matching. (a bit "cheap")

• It is a relatively recent fashion trend. I agree that I don't think they match well.

• im guessing with your height you probably have 41 1/2 inch long legs, I'm guessing that, because if you google "stacy kiebler" the former wcw/wwe/ravens cheerleader/dancing with the stars contestant/guest appearances on shows diva

shes really tall, and she's been measured to have 41 1/2" long legs, but she does photo shoots with heels all the time, you never see her in flats etc... guys love heels on men, I know they add an inch or two to height and may be uncomfortable but yeah we like them on women, well at least for when were not trying to get them off of you (wink) do not however wear them with jeans, they were invented to be used with dresses and skirts, not jeans...

hope this helps

• Ok so you may not have 41 1/2 inch legs, but you should still wear heels, to give you extra height

• I say go for it. 5'5" isn't THAT tall, and any guy who you are hanging with won't mind being the same height as his date as long as she's pretty.

• There must be so many girls envy you ~~ and there is no perfection in this planet . Do not take it as your burden .

in my opinion , you could wear heels when you go out with people they won't care , and wear flats with people you care about .

by the way ,flats are more comfortable and healthier .

maybe you could be a model . ~

What Girls Said 4

• You should certainly wear heels if it is what you want! They will make your legs look even slimmer. I'm 5'9'' and have the problem of being taller than the guy. My rule of thumb is, if I am going on a date or know a guy I am trying to impress I just make sure I am not taller than him. Other than that, I wear them!

• If you want to wear heels wear them. If not then don't. If the guy wants to complain about your shoes then he probably isn't worth your time anyways. Wear shoes for you, do what is comfortable and what you want. Heels are my favorite so I wear them every chance I get. My ex hated them and hated when I was taller than him but I loved them so I didn't care.

• Wow! I'm jealous! I'm 5'10" and my legs are just about 34! You should def wear heels if you want! 5'5" isn't really tall you can def get away with wearing heels without being too tall!

• yes you should! 5'5 is average height and if you have long legs- work 'em girl! lucky you!