Taller guys are better to hug? really?

Hey guys, so basically one of my close friends (who's a girl) told me that it's generally better to hug taller guys. She said that it doesn't work if a girl hugs a guy at around the same height. It sounded a bit ridiculous to me... so I want to ask your opinion on this.

Do you girls prefer hugging taller guys? or not? or it really doesn't matter (which is what I thought)? and more importantly WHY...

And, maybe if you don't have a preference, - maybe do you like/enjoy hugging taller guys?

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeahh, I really like getting hugs from taller guys. It makes me small (petite) and well protected. Especially, if it's from a guy I particularly care about.

Yesterday, this guys back was to me and I pulled at his waste with one hand to get him to turn around and face me and then I kind of just crawled into his arms and got a huge hug from him... It seriously seemed to make everything I've been going through worth it, just to be able to get a hug from him and be able to appreciate it.. Lol, idk. It was weird how much it meant to me (he's not even my boyfriend or anything like that..). All I know is that I wish I could get another hug like that from him<3 It was pretty close to those hugs you see in movies, where the girl runs into a guys arms and they embrace each other, as she rests her head against his chest and they stay like that for what seems like forever, but is really only about a minute long. I think there's something seriously sweet about that.. I've never hugged anyone in that way before, but I'm glad my first experience of something like that was with him. And I hope I get to have more hugs like that from HIM in the future =))))

• Lol, and on a side note: I know you can't actually crawl into someone's arms while they're standing up like he was. But there was just something so natural about the flow of movements, that I couldn't think of any other way to describe it but in that way..

What Girls Said 23

• A hug is a hug is a hug. Sure there are lots of different kinds of them but they are all signs of love and intimacy toward another in some form or fashion. If I care about the person, hugs from them are great no matter what size they are.

• When it comes right down to it, I don't have much preference. A good hug from someone I care about is most important.

I'm not much of a fan of hugs to begin with. I'm not comfortable with being touched unless it's by someone I care about or have adjusted to. I will say I do enjoy the feeling of security I get out of being hugged by a taller guy. If my head rests on his shoulder or against his chest, I'm a happy camper. It's one of the best parts about my boyfriend hugging me.

• Taller guys are the best to hug , Especially when their toned and sexy . My man is 6'1 and he's athletic built I'm 5'7 and I love it . Those strong arms around you and they always have to bend down a little to hug you . We look great together because were both athletic built .

• how modest

• she is pretty hot remember

• Lol , Nah I didn't mean it to come out like that . I was just saying everyone likes likes different things , It's really up to the person to choose what they like . I was just expressing that my guy is tall and that I like our height together that's all guys .

• I much prefer hugging guys close to my height. When you hug a tall guy, his arms kind of fold around you and swallow you like an envelope, and some girls like that... makes them feel more secure. But hugging shorter guys is more intimate I think, plus it's easier to kiss them. Lol :)

• I have had 3 boyfriends; one shorter than me by 5 inches, one about the same height and one 6 inches taller than me (im 6'1).
    I have felt loved and protected with every single one when they have hugged me. At first I thought it was funny how he would rest his head on my chest, but it grew into something that made me feel loved and a little bit maternal when he had a tough day. But the idea that girls need to be shorter is a silly societal notion that I no longer pay any attention to. If I have a connection and love them I think the role/receiver of protector, lover or shoulder to lean on can be felt by both males and females irrelevant of height difference :)

• I prefer taller guys in general, and really like being able to feel completely secure when they hug me, however I really like hugs, and have no problem hugging my shorter female friends. It can be awkward if you don't know somebody that well or you like somebody a lot and a hug puts your faces very close together, but other than that, I have no same or shorter height hugging problems.

• Maybe it's only true for her.

HUGS are surprising. Ever hugged somebody politely and then got surprised that it felt really good. Ever hug somebody you thought you were attracted to but felt nothing in the hug? I have.

Nah, it's just not true...about the height.

I don't know what to say only that I can't tell what it's going to be like to hug somebody until I do.

I think maybe warmth? People like to feel comfortable and have a sense of warmth in another person's arms.

Some people feel tense or agitated or cold or indifferent.

I'm attracted to height, in general women like it but it isn't overall the one thing that matters.

People have Mr. Potato head personalities. Maybe a short guy is a good huger but isn't honest. Maybe a tall guy is exciting and entertaining in bed but isn't very available.

Maybe a skinny guy is selfish. Maybe a muscular guy is too shady.

Who knows really.

I think in a hug it's about the feeling that you have for the other person.

Guys my height are easier to hug I think, some tall guys sort of have to bend down.

• No that's not true. I've hugged people taller than me, shorter than me, and the same height as me. This chick just likes tall guys and wants to cop a feel. That's all.

• I kinda prefer taller guys, but I like hugs in general. The reason I prefer to hug taller guys(like my bf) is cause it makes me feel safe in their arms. ^_^ But to have that affect they also have to have a bit of muscle.

• Also though, hugging a shorter guy is a little awkward cause like his face would be like near my chest. But I'm only like 5'5 1/2 so I don't have that problem. Almost all guys are taller than me. lol

• Same height is best

• If the guy is a good hugger it doesn't matter how tall he is. Some guys I've hugged have been taller and sucked at it but then there are guys abut my height who give great ones.

• Nope. I had a friend who was about the same height and he was perfect for hugging!

• Well I wouldn't wanna bend down to hug a guy...that'd be weird o.O

• Well ya my face is in his cheast

• Ya my head warm chestis in his

• I'm really sorry short guys if this hurts your feelings or makes you feel insecure, but there's something about tall guys that just feels really protective. It's not necessarily a preferance, but there's just something about having a really tall guy walk behind you or next to you or just wrap his arms around you...

• you like what you like nothing wrong with that. however in the real world height doesn't protect you from being hurt.

• While I do like tall guys, I have to admit that hugging someone closer to my own height feels better to me. I like that his head is closer to mine, and not far up :)

• I don't care as long as I get a hug

• I don't have a preferance

• I'm short so yes I am automatically drawn to a tall guy. I'll admit that the feeling of him towering over me is great.

HOWEVER...when it's the right guy or guy friend I don't care how tall he is, I'll be more than happy to take the hug. I would even initiate one.

Hugs with guys that are pretty much the same height are cool. Sometimes you get a kiss on the cheek or lips :-) Where as tall guys you get a peck on the forehead :-/.

• yea, I'd imagine it feels better

• It makes no difference. However, I love hugging skinny guys.

• I had a boyfriend who was the same height as me, and it was so much easier to hug him because I could keep looking on, with my chin on his shoulder. With my current boyfriend, I have my head to the side and it isn't comfortable for a long time lol.

But hugs are lovely, no matter the height. If they are the same height, it is more comfortable and much easier and if they are taller, you get that nice protected feeling lol.

What Guys Said 8

• This girl is making silly statements, I'm sorry to say. She is speaking for herself and not for the entire female population on this planet. I'm only 5,7" and have fem friends who are taller than me but I still get a nice hug from them.

Yes women do often prefer to date a guy at least the same height or taller but hugging wise I didn't think it made any difference. All this is kinda like saying us guys would get a better hug from a lady with slim hips, big boobs and a nice bum! But if I was to say that then id be classed as shallow, of course this is not what I really think!

• I kinda hope this is the case. :)

• Im 6'4 240lbs and every girl I date loves having to tip toe to kiss me, or me having to bend down to hug them. I actually have a lot friends that are women, that say when they date a bigger man, they feel more protected. It's real old fashion where I'm from, so the man is generally more viewed as the larger partner in stature. Girls all have different taste, but I do hear a big pet peave women have are the man being the same height or shorter.

• I can say that as a man I much prefer the hug if I can put my chin/cheek on top of her head.

• lucky me .. am 6'2

• lol I'm taller girls don't like to hug me

• women like tall guys because it reminds them of daddy

• So do guys like younger women because it reminds them of their little sisters? What a silly remark.

• I think it would be guys like younger girls because it reminds them of daughters. That's just creepy.

• For me it's easier to hug girs of the same height or slightly shorter, it's kind of weird if she's half my size.