My boyfriend wants me to wear more makeup and dress sluttier?

My boyfriend used to be sort of a bad boy (drugs and all that) and used to hang out with those really made-up slutty looking girls. Now he has changed (its been a couple years since his high school days) and he is very committed to me, and I know he likes my personality. But he did admit to me, that although he wants to change, he is still attracted to the sluttier look and he said it would be nice if I dressed sexier. The thing is, I've always been more of a good girl and even though I don't dress super conservative or anything, I just wear clothes that fit but aren't too revealing and minimal make up. Eve though I do try to change a bit for him, it makes me feel very self-conscious about myself when I dress 'sluttier' and makes me feel like I'm not being myself at all. I'm just wondering if you think this will always be a problem or can guys preferences change?

Most Helpful Guy

• I highly recommend you don't do it I mean if he's the bad boy type he'll totally understand the phrase "being fake" which is what he's trying to get you to do by dressing up simply for his entertainment when its not your style at all but if you wanna make him happy every once in a while Then go minimum slutty: skinny jeans, tube/tank top, with some killer high heels, throw the hair in a ponytail, and rock some sexy earrings...make-up: throw on a little foundation, some eye-liner, and lipstick (extra tip: if your showing cleavage get some foundation with shimmer brush it in cleavage collarbone area HOT!)

What Guys Said 2

• You seem to be confused.

You seem to think the 'slutty look' is some random uniform that happens to be associated wih slutty girls that he happens to like.

Most men are turned on by the slutty look. That's why sluts dress that way. It's not a random convention.

So in short, no. He will always like it. And most guys like it unless:

- they have a bad view of female sexuality

- they are insecure and afraid of other people being attracted to their partner.

• You should tell him exactly what you've written down in this question. However, if you want to experiment, you can google slutty fashion. You can make a compromise. Dress "slutty" on certain days.

What Girls Said 6

• its not appropriate for him to expect you t dress in ways that make you feel uncomfortable.

if he's COMMITTED, as you say. he will understand that it is inappropriate for him to expect you to be other than you are.

perhaps you guys are not as tight as you think. otherwise you would be able to communicate with him.

he knew who you are and how you dress before the commitment part took place. he by committing to you, sad he likes who you are. not what he can turn you into.

yore not a piece of clay for him to mold. its not your responsibility to help him relive his glory days as a fake tough guy. by being a fake slut.

if he wants a certain type of girlfriend, he should be dating that type. only a coward would get with one person and try to change them into another.

stand up for yourself, or you'll feel sick. ultimately. far as I can see.

• I think it's not right to dress different for him or for him to expect it.

Get a leather jacket, mini skirt...and some hardcore high heels and only give it to him in private is small doses.

Nah, I don't think this kind of preference changes for guys. The tough ones are just a bit raunchy like that.

• Thatss strange because he was first attracted to you the way you usually dress but I think he can change his preference or make an exception. Like my brother thinks 'slutty' girls are attractive but probably not girlfriend material like if my mom met that kind of girl it'd be all bad.

• Boys are not into subtle hints, right?
    He probably does not want to change you, but men often want a girl to be a combination of a madonna and, well, Madonna. That he wants you to dress sexier is partly a good sign - the opposite would indicate that he is possessive.

And he might want to show you off - show his former friends that his new girl is both a good girl and also as hot as their girls. I would be game once in a while, say at halloween, but if you do not feel confident about something, do not do it.

• Dress slutty for him in the bedroom, That way you're more comfortable and people won't be seeing you.

• This.

I don't know about your guy, but I have kind of a bipolar desire in my women. I want the women who are angels out in the world, but devils in the sack! She only dresses that way for ME.

• Don't if you don't want. Be yourself, you don;t have to act and dress like a slut just to please your bf...