Fashionable girls: For women, for men, or for yourselves?

Girls who tend to be very fashionable, are you doing it for men, women, or yourselves?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to be honest here, I dress for myself, because I want to look good, and when I dress nice, I feel nice. BUT, I also dress for the guys. I want to look good for them too.

What Girls Said 12

• Myself. I want to look super put together and like a woman. Mainly for me but also because I want other girls to notice, and not get jealous per se, but look at what I am wearing and thing "oh that's a good idea..."

• Soooo, are you les. or bi?

• I realize there are certain trends that men don't like, but in general, men don't put much thought into women's fashion.

• You never know, I just saw a guy who did his girlfriends makeup...I'm just sayin'

• I do it for myself. To be honest, I actually find it really awkward when getting a compliment every now and then. I guess I do not like the attention :P

• dress better than most people at my school, people just don't know how to accessorize properly. I do it for myself, but my best friend makes it very clear that she only wears the best to pick up guys. her logic: because you never know when you'll find 'the one' and you want to look your very best for him, always. and never ever let him see you without makeup on.

• She's right you know

• no, if he's 'the one' he won't care for a second that I'm not dressed in brand name clothing or know how to accessorize or wear makeup just for him daily because he should never see me with any. I do these things anyways but it's definitely not for guys. if they don't like what they see or the natural me, they can take a hike.

• I'm just sayin', I know how men think

• For myself. I feel good when I look good.

• I do it for myself.

It is kinda "my thing".

Many people, both men and women don't really understand it, so..

• Myself! I love looking up fashion trends and wearing them

• When I dress up its for myself or a special day/holiday

• Most do it for all three options you posted.. but I can assure you it's mostly for themselves! 99.9999% I do it for myself.

• As long as you're not complaining about the attention you're getting, I'm OK with you doing it for yourself. Just know that you're going to get attention, regardless of what you wear, from both men and women!

• Well obviously, but so long as I'm comfortable with what and how I look, It doesn't matter what other people think of me... If they like it, good! If they don't, just as well.

... Though, I do dislike disrespectful people. It's one thing to like or dislike something, and it's another to criticize or judge.. as well as other rude things.

• Couldn't agree more

• Myself and men, I feel the most comfortable when I dress in a way that is appealing to men (Not slutty though).

• I'm fashionable for myself, its just something I love.

• Myself.

• i ike to be fashionable for myself I also love to dress to impress and accessorise.:)

What Guys Said 3

• I'm interested in the response.

See, I hear some girls complaining about how "we have to wear heels", "we have to dress a certain way and you don't have to." "Men place ridiculous standards on our makeup, clothing, etc."

But as a man, I know most guys don't give much thought to a woman's fashion. Mind you, there may be preferences.

-Some might prefer heels over flats (absolutely not me), but that does NOT mean that you have to wear heels.

-Many guys prefer a certain level of makeup in formal occasions or something. But that does not at all mean you're ugly if you don't wear makeup. Heck no.

-Some guys may prefer blond hair over darker colors, sure, but that doesn't mean you're undatable because you have black hair. Heck, that doesn't even faze him. He really couldn't give less of a sh*t.

Basically, these girls (the ones I'm talking about, anyway) hear men state their mild preferences, and assume these are make or break prerequisites. That's absolutely not the case. As has been proven over and over again, and discussed in videos on this site, women are the ones with the more stringent requirements.

But if these girls are just dressing for themselves, then their argument of "men's standards are too high" is moot.

• I find it very hard to believe anyone who says it "for myself."

Think about it this way. If everyone on the planet legitimately died, you were certifiably the LAST human alive on Earth. Would you still play dress up? Probably not. Even the very concept of fashion is to create or showcase a trend that seeks opinions or validation from people and society.

Simply put, fashion would not exist if there were no people to showcase your fashion to. It would just make sense if people said "for other people."

I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.

• I'd still wear a Polo and Khaki's or some other nice attire because it's what I find comfortable. But I do agree with you when it comes to most girls.

• Because you know you'll get more attention from men

• Oh no, I'm not condemning fashion. I think people should definitely spice things up, there's no harm and simply, people can look down right sexy. I'm just saying people should be truthful to themselves, it goes a long way when you can learn not to lie to yourself.

• lol you girls are all liars, you dress up to attract attention to yourself from other people to make yourself feel good (hence you dress for other people), if you wanted to dress for yourselves youd wear something comfortable