How do you know if you're ugly or not ?

I really want to know but I feel like all of my family/friends lie to me just because they don't wanna hurt me ;(

Most Helpful Girl

• You're right, majority of people aren't going to tell you that you are ugly so you have to decide for yourself how you will see and view your appearance. How you feel about yourself is a personal decision and something you can decide on. No one can tell you what you are and aren't because no one has that sort of right. If you have issues with your appearance and feel like you are ugly then ask yourself WHY you feel this way and if there aren't improvements that can be made. We live in a world where you can fix many things and appearance is one of them. Not saying plastic surgery but there are minor changes that can be made to improve attractiveness. Work out, look healthy, get a flattering hairstyle and improve your style. You don't have to settle and there are always things you can do about a problem.

What Girls Said 6

• Just post a question and attach a pic of yourself, but be prepared some of the people on here are brutally honest.

• I actually like brutally honest people, but I also don't want my pic here cause I know some in rl :/

• Well then we can't be honest, I can't tell you if you are ugly or not if I don't have a pic sorry :/

• It requires a rotten personality to be a truly ugly person. I doubt you're in that category.

Looks are one of those things you just have to accept and move past, same goes for 'pretty' people. If your appearance is all your fixate on, there is one thing you will be and that is boring.

Ever notice how when you get to know someone whose company you enjoy, how their physical apperence tend to 'fade' out and all you really notice is their presence? Personality always will out do looks.

• no one is ugly. everyone is beautiful!

• not to be rude but that's bullsh*t.

• "gives an upvote* :D

• @Sikoo... Is it really? I've met a lot of people who are stereotypically beautiful, who turn out to be shallow self-centered individuals who care only about themselves and have no idea of what true love and compassion is, or what it does to another person. Then I've also met a lot of people who aren't beautiful according to stereotypes, who turn out to be very caring people who are extremely intelligent and who are self-starters, ambitious, and comical. Hasty generalization, but it's true

• People make make faces or quickly look away to avoid looking at you but that means you're either really ugly or really attractive

• Ive alweays considered myself ugly, and sometimes till do, because of lack of confidence. You I think have the same issue here.

Look in the mirror and tell yourself, am I ugly? What is it that you don't like about yourself?

• Not to be mean but if you have to ask you most likely aren't very good looking.

What Guys Said 4

• True beauty is not seen but felt. Sounds like me that you aren't ugly, at least not in my eyes, because you aren't a conceited arrogant jackass that thinks he's the worlds greatest fundamental reality. Have you considered doing anything to lift your spirits? I tried out a local massage therapy shop and to my avail I felt appreciated (even though I was thinking I'd feel relaxed).

And why do you feel your friends are lieing to you? Basically, what is making you think that you are truly "ugly"?

~ ArtistBBoy

• I've never really had a girlfriend, I mean I know I've made some of the prettiest girls like me, ( I have no idea how ) but I still seem to feel insecure and ugly.

• Sounds to me like if you push yourself to overcome that obstacle, that it will definitely be frightening for you, but it is possible. Not to mention you have the goal of being able to see yourself in the future as an appreciate lover who is respected both mentally and physically. Now you just have to change the words to actions, which is a personal choice. You may hit a lot of speed bumps along your road, but if you want it and put in enough effort - it will work the way you want it to.

• You're more than welcome Bub ^_^

• just ask girls what they think.

or talk to a few of them and see what they say about your looks in the conversations you have with them.

the way I find out is just by talking to them. they eventually mention it in some way. or they'll start flirting.

OR if they don't find me attractive, they just won't really mention my looks at all. my guess is they don't want to have to lie or be honest and mean. tho I prefer honesty always.

if you're a confident guy, it makes you look better than you do. so be confident at least.

• My friend, you have to learn to love yourself. You're all you have. Stop thinking you're ugly or asking other people if you're good looking or not. Attractiveness is not only outer, but also inner.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder what you portray out is what people see, the way charisma you see yourselve as that's what see you as. Nobody is ugly take it or leave that's just a fact.