How much do looks matter to you?

When you're in a relationship with someone do you care extremely much/very much/slightly or not at all about their appearance? Are you embarrassed to be seen with someone less attractive than you? Do you feel that someone is less desirable when they aren't attractive even if they can't necessarily help it? Do you feel that there has to be at least some physical attraction in a relationship for it to work?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people value physical attraction a lot first and then over time, personality takes over. I think a relationship that will provide enough emotional support and a decent sex life should be 70% personality and 30% physical attraction.

What Guys Said 3

• if am in a relation with a girl that's not pretty .. I won't have a problem and I won't be embaressed to go out with her .. but I would love to see her taking care of her looks just like hot girls do .. I don't like girls who think in that way "i am not hot .. it won't matter if I dressed well or not"

• Yeah, of course there has to be some physical attraction. But at the same time 90% of looks are only an illusion, especially these days. Other traits are more rare and when you find that you could care less if the bucktoothed public with sh*t eating grins on their faces thinks your girl is hot or not.

• I feel there has to be physical attraction in a relationship for it to work. I mean, how would I ever sleep with you if I couldn't get hard. (a bit of an extreme example, as it doesn't take much but still works I guess.)

What Girls Said 3

• Its pretty important. I wouldn't date a guy I didn't think was attractive. I'd be embarrassed to date a guy who was ugly. If there is no attraction then we can't make it past friends

• Attraction is the 1st factor always!

• Yep.

But I'd say they are roughly 40% and personality is 60%.

This is going to sound incredibly shallow and b1tchy, but I do care about who I am with in public as far as dating. Partially because I like to flaunt and brag about how hot / sexy my guy is. Guess it's like a self - ego boosts that I landed such a stud, on top of me wanting to make him feel incredibly good about himself.

I am brutally honest and I want every compliment I say of him to be honest and accurate. Of course he won't be the hottest thing to everyone - some people may even find him unattractive, but so long as he's hot sh*t to me and I'm proud of his looks - then hey.

I know I know...really ego - tistical and shallow.

But at least I can admit it.

There is nothing more uncomfortable than having someone give you a compliment, you cannot reciprocate because that is how you don't really feel in the same respects : \

Plus, I feel like better looking guys are just more confident, they don't second guess as much, nor let the insecurity spark jealousy or over competiveness to a point where it becomes bothersome.

I admit, I am materialistically drawn and like to make my friends, myself, and my man a " big deal," whenever possible. He needs to have decent style, and take care of himself generally - and I will do the same for him.

But with all that said - personality is still the most profound factor. A ditzy handsome air head, is just as annoying as a terribly insecure not so good looking guy.