Is bareMinerals worth the price?

I would like to know if bareMinerals is really worth the price and if it doesn't make you breakout. I have extremely sensitive skin, so this would be a concern for me. My acne has never been this bad when I was 15, and now, POOF! My face is like a battlefield with all of the red blemishes and acne scars. I think I need at least a some makeup on to see if it offers medium to full coverage.

So what's your opinion? Is bareMinerals foundation really worth $28.00 a pop?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard some not so great stuff about bareMinerals, much of which involves breaking you out or settling into ANY fine lines you may have.

Good foundation is worth investing in. Even if it is on the expensive side- if it needs to match your skin color, texture, and work with your skin type, then it is worth investing in. I personally LOVE Benefit Oxygen Wow. It is $34 but it looks like I am not wearing anything.

However, I would go to some place like Ulta or Sephora. These places are going to have specialists who work selling a lot of different types of makeup. Do this as opposed to going to say, Clinique where you are only going to get clinique brand, which may not be the kind of makeup for you.

• I think there are a few stores in my hometown that's Sephora or Ulta. I'll have to check that out next time I go to the mall. I have tried Clinique and Covergirl during high school drama club and both made me breakout horribly. Thank you for the advice as well, MusicLuvr. I'll have to see if Target has it and see how my skin fares with it

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• No! I tried Bare Minerals, and did not think that it worked at all. It did not cover and it had the consistency of flour, it was HORRIBLE! I did find a brand of mineral makeup that is great. I also have acne prone skin (moderate severe cystic acne) and this has not caused me to break out at all! It is called E.L.F. (Eyes Lips Face) Mineral Foundation, best part it is only $5! And because it has zinc it actually helps to treat your acne! Hope this Helps! =D

P.S. My skin is now almost completely clear, I just have a few teeny tiny white heads, but my dermatologist said I need benzoyl peroxide, and he approves of this makeup! =D

• I wouldn't invest in bareminerals. I read many reviews on amazon.com about several things before I make a purchase including bareminerals. Many women say it feels light & easy to apply but lacks in coverage which is key with liquids and powder makeups or it defeats the purpose. Some even say it causes breakouts. So DON'T BUY IT!

• AVON has a version called smooth minerals its only about $7.99 I use it and love it. I get the compact powder (it has loose too). I don't see the need to spend a fortune on the same kind of makeup.

• I tried Avon and it made me break out so bad. But thanks for the suggestion anyway

• just get a mineral powder from your local drugstore. I don't think it's worth it.