At what height do you consider a girl tall?

I'm 5'8 and while I've always considered myself tall a couple girls I was talking to kept going on about how I was like a giant. I found it odd because I don't feel humongous by any means.

Does 5'8 seem really tall to you? At what height do you consider a girl tall?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'8" and have considered myself to be tall, but not grossly so. I never feel like I tower over other people unless they happen to be super short. I actually like my height. I can see better in crowds, have little difficulty reaching things that are located high up (in fact, people often turn to me to get things down). And I find that most guys are at least my height if not taller. I don't go around wearing extremely high heels though. If I happen to wear heels for any reason, they're no more than an inch & half. I have a female friend who is close to 5'10" plus she's a little on the heavy side so sometimes I find her physical body to be a little overbearing, but that also has to do with her manner and how she carries herself.

I wouldn't worry about your height. Being taller than average I think is a good thing.

What Guys Said 10

• any height that's taller than me I consider tall. iam 5'8 average height

• 5'10

• well... I am 5,7 and half (might as well count it as 5,8 if you want to) so... I am thinking 6 foot? lol

• you know what... scratch that, at 5,7 that's tall alone for a female, to be realistically honest with you

• That's pretty tall.

• I'd consider a girl tall if she was my height or taller I'm about 5'10 5'11

• 5'7'' and up.

• 5'10

• id say its tall but not really tall

• Rihanna's height! I like it! Anyway, I don't consider that to be tall. Tall is more like 5'11 and taller. Maybe they were jealous of your height and legs.

• When her boyfriend is shorter. lol

What Girls Said 8

• I think 5'8 is tall, but not humongous. I know girls who are 6 feet or taller, so I think you are just a little taller than average. I would consider you tall but not a giant.

• Technically, I can say 5'6 is tall for a girl since the average height is 5'5.

But noticeably talk to me would be 5'9 and up.

• 5'8 is definitely really tall. I consider a girl tall from around 5'7 going up.

• 175

• average is 5'4 for women so I would say 5'7 and up.

• No. Tall would be 5'9 and up

• when a lot of girls are like 5'2-5'5...5'8 seems really tall.

a ton of my friends are around 5'6-5'8 with a few friends from 5'9-5'11 (I'm 5'9) so I don't feel that tall because I'm around people who are on the taller end of "average".

It really all depends on the heights of people around you & what people are used to.

• Giant? No, not at all. I know plenty of girls that are 5'10 and up, 5'8 is more like taller side of average.