Every time I speak, women tend to look at me... good or a bad thing?

i notice that women around me don't always pay attention, but when I start to speak they look straight at me. today was a perfect example; I took my dog to the vet, and when I was registering at the front counter, evertime I spoke out a phrase the women across me where always looking one direction, but the minute I spoke a phrase they would look straight at me. and when I would finish talking they would resume staring back at the direction they were staring before I spoke. is this because they like the way I talk? because I talk funny? or because I speak horrible? which one could it be?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess we would need to view a video tape of you talking.

The women, were they working there or were they waiting in the waiting room chairs.

If I'm sitting in a waiting room and I'm bored I might listen to somebody talk...just because it's the only interaction happening in the room. Also if it's their occupation typically people pay attention to the customers because they get paid to do that.

It could be that you enunciation is great.

Probably they don't "like the way you talk"...because I've never paid attention to someone because I like the way they talk...UNLESS...I'm already attracted to them in the first place AND I like their voice or if they happen to have a cute accent...

IT could be any of the things you stated as possibilities and there is absolutely no way for me to answer your question with any accuracy. Ask a friend of yours because they would have a better idea since they hang out with you in person.

What Girls Said 8

• If someone is in the same room as me, it's quiet and one person speaks, a lot of people will look up. It's just the fact that someone is talking in a quiet space is enough to draw attention.

If women look (and not men) when you talk and it's not in a quiet room, then you could have something to think about (though I don't really get it why that's on your mind).

Anyway, maybe it's because you have a nice voice?

• I don't think it's good or bad that they're looking.. Just human nature when someone starts talking in a room where it's quiet, to look at that person. It's a reflex really. Now I don't know why they would stare so maybe you're attractive or live in an area with extremely nosy people who like to listen in lol

• r you loud?,could be anything,are you good looking? if they resume to wha\t they are doing maybe they are just nosey,lol

• you probably have either a super sexy voice that catches them off guard and makes them check you out, or a really funny sounding voice that snatches the attention lol

• People just tend to notice when someone is talking...it's natural and probably has nothing to do with yourself specifically.

• It means they pay attention when someone is talking to them.

• well, it depends what their reaction is to your voice. do they look really surprised (maybe they raise their eyebrows) or do they look at you in a funny way (if they raise one eyebrow or glare slighty) maybe you have an accent, or a deep voice or even a squeaky voice (not to sound mean). either way a voice recorder should really help. you can ask another question with the recording in it showing yourself as anonymous :)

• Do you happen to have a deep voice? Many women find that innately attractive.

• i do, but I think my vocabulary is too repulsive

• Ha, ha. I didn't say good attention. It's probably the deep voice. I gravitate towards them, myself and it can make me feel a twinge of interest/attraction.

• so if darth vader shows up on you, panicking is the last thing your gona do, I see lmao

What Guys Said 5

• Funny...the same things happens to me, 80% of the time the person "observing" me is female.

I'm not sure about you, but for me, I know this happens for three (3) reasons:

1) My voice doesn't match my build. If you look at my pictures, you would think I have a super-deep voice, but it's not. Imo it's average bass with some sort of "accent" (Caribbean/Jamaican/southern USA) that people ask if I have. Some people think that I'm a foreigner lol.

2) I tend to project my voice well (at least that's what my former supervisor at the insurance brokerage I work for said). Doing this catches ppl's attention because that radiates power, especially nowadays when people tend to be more "hush hush" and not as outspoken. A guy projecting strength in his voice is more rare nowadays.

3) good-ol-charisma. I'm naturally a sociable person, and people (especially females) sense this, especially combined with #1 (unique voice) and #2 (strengh of voice projection)

• You do know that people who speak are more likely to attract attention, because they emit sounds?

I'm sure that dogs, cats and other animals also tend to look at you more when you speak.

• This happens to me too, but I get looks from guys too. When I'm speaking in a class of people who don't know me, almost all students look at me. I have kinda low voice, but not too much. Do you have a low voice too?

• Do you use big vocabulary? If not, it could be your tone of voice. They're checkin you out, like who's that guy with the sexy voice?

• At least they look at you they take one look at me, and can't wait to get away.