Why are short girls more favored by guys?

A lot of short girls are being favored by guys for partners and I see that more happening

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a great question and I ALWAYS wonder the same thing. Maybe the guy feels stronger and more masculine around a girl of diminutive stature? I'm honestly not sure, but it's a very common phenomenon.

What Girls Said 7

• I think men want their physical opposite because it makes them feel more masculine.

Its the same reason why, as a short girl, I go for super tall guys. It makes me feel more feminine.

• I'm really tall for a girl, no I'm not like 6'5" but for a girl, I am quite tall. I wouldn't object to dating a guy the same height or shorter than me BUT I do prefer my guy to be taller. It has nothing to do with femininity for me personally, I like being able to snuggle under his arm when we're walking around, I like feeling surrounded by their presence because it feels safe and I like being able to get random kisses on top of my head. :P

I know you asked about guys here but I can probably understand if they had similar reasoning. Maybe not as cheesy as mine but little reasons individual to themselves. There are a lot of men out there as well who do prefer taller girls. I know quite a few.

• They can often make the man feel more masculine...but there's also more short girls than there are legitimately tall girls. And most tall girls don't look like models or have a model like body, so aside from models, they aren't really in high demand.

Who'd turn down a VS model, c'mon?

• Yeah I agree! I'm over 6 feet tall and only average looking, and I can tell you it's something that most guys don't want regardless of how her personality is.

• I think its because some guys don't like to have a girlfriend who is taller then them or same height.

• BECAUSE gays don't like girls how are taller then them because they don't feel manly enough if they date theme

• Because tallers girls take away from their masculinity. And they think shorter girls are cute.

Thats just what guys tell me cause I ask this question all the time.

Its depressing though.

• I don't think that's necessarily completely true. there are more short women than tall women, so by default more short women are going to be around and they will be the standard or norm. although, that depends on what you perception of short is, if you include the average height in that.

I know a lot of guys who tall girls. a lot of guys like that really tall, skinny model look.

overall, I think all people get some kind of feeling when theyre with short or tall partners. that's why many people have preferences. I'm "average" 5'4 and I love really tall men, I have a serious preference for men at least 5'11/6'0 and the perfect height for me is about 6'2-6'4. I love it.

I think a lot of tall men don't care, and they just fall for who they fall for. it doesn't mean they don't love long legs and their fellow jolly green giants. But you said men in general, and not just tall men, so...we have all been taught that men should be taller, its kind of a symbol of dominance or what society interprets as masculinity. I'd say most men are probably more self conscious about how people perceive them than women. as a result, being next to a woman who is taller than they are, or even the same height sometimes, is a threat to their image of masculinity, makes them feel "demasculinized" or some sh*t. But that's "shorter" and not always the same thing as "short." For the latter - it emphasizes the image of them being more masculine. While shorter guys do it out of "necessity" (which is, their inherent insecurity and being threatened by taller women dominating them in the eyes of people around them, and within themselves), I think tall guys just get an extra kick out of this, because they are already so much taller, and don't really risk any threat to their image of masculinity usually. in my experience, tall men may have preferences for short women, but usually they don't feel the same threat to their masculinity. it's like an ego boost. They can't really help it. I honestly think there's a sexual dominance factor that may not even be completely taught (the masculinity/manly image is definitely taught though). I think its innate in some men. its really fun to play with. I'm not the shortest, but short enough, and I tend to date tall or very tall men. It works the other way around too. It makes shorter girls feel more feminine, based on what we have been taught is feminine, and there's just something inside us (or me lol) that gets really turned on by the idea of feeling more submissive, physically, to this huge guy towering over. I've heard some women say its a protection thing, but I don't get that personally. I'm just way more sexually and physically attracted to tall men. theyre just more physically attractive. and I know a lot of guys think the same about shorter girls - they think theyre more attractive in general.

not everyone is like that though. a lot of people just like people and go with who they like regardless

What Guys Said 12

• a lot of guys feel empowered by having a smaller girl, kinda like they can protect them and all, I like all females lol but I gotta admit small petite ones with a big rack get the juices flowing! XP

• Very very true, nice answer, sure, they send my rocket out of its socket

• lol never heard that before but I need to agree

• I saw this girl I was really attracted to while shopping at a mall.

I went to get closer and see if I couldn't get her eye contact...

Then I realized she was like the same height as me, had arms roughly the same size as mine (I'm kind of scrawny for a guy though), but also had t*ts and ass. She was wearing something that made her look like she jogs regularly, too.

I couldn't help but think she weighed more than me as a result (me + t*ts and ass and long hair). I suddenly felt emasculated. I didn't dare make a move.

I hate that. If I had bigger arms and more chest or something then I think I could have attempted to flirt. But no! I'm too scrawny. No girl wants a scrawny guy who is the same height as them.

I probably wouldn't have been so intimidated if it had been a chick I at least had a height advantage on. And THAT one of my motives for working-out and eating more nowadays.

• am a tall guy 6'2 .. and I prefer short girls in the range of 5'3 .. 1st of all I think they are cute .. hotter .. probably more sexual .. and I don't like walking with a tall girl because am tall so it looks like we are a couple of trees out there lol

• A preference for significant height difference between partners has been a European/north American ideal for a while. From what I read it was less common in other cultures.

• I think it's the whole "domination" thing.

Most females tend to prefer guys taller than them, and most guys prefer females shorter than them.

• shorter girls preferably under 5ft 9'' is desired by me and most guys because they make us feel more masculine and provides the feeling that we can protect her. It is also very important that the girl has a smaller arm size than me. lol inb4 I'm dating shehulk

• Because I'm a short guy (167cm/5'5.5") and a girl taller than me would look weird when walking around lol. But I still wouldn't refuse to date someone just because they're taller than me.

• Now you know how a short guy feels...lmao!

• Same reason women prefer men taller than them, makes both members feel masculine and feminine.

• I'm short, so I like short girls.

• I don't think that's true at all, it's just that there are many short guys and of course they'll be after short women because they know tall ones are likely to reject them. Me and my friends are always after tall women, their elegance, their presence, their legs, plus the benefit of being easier to kiss etc. I've never been into short women.

• Personally I'd like someone I can sweep off their feet, not vice versa haha.