I hate being tall What are some advantages and disadvantages?

Also how can I appear shorter? I'm 16 and at times it gets annoying being tall because I can't wear heels without being that gel that stands out wen I go out:( and guys my age hate tall girls(I'm not pretty but still):'(.

I'm 5'11 I forgot to add.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your height is great! I prefer tall girls (I'm actually not really interested in short ones) and so do most of my tall friends. The only disadvantage is that you're not goanna be approached by short guys, but you probably prefer tall ones anyway, so it's not a big deal.

As for advantages, I'll just copy and paste what I've written on this site before:

- long legs

- more presence (no offense to short women, but when a beautiful tall woman walks into a room, all eyes are on her)

- sort of regal beauty

- for a tall guy like me sex is better with a tall woman, more positions are available, everything fits

- being with a tall girl is more practical - kissing, taking a shower, making out - no awkward bending etc.

- they make a better arm candy

- they are more elegant.

You have a height of a model, be proud of it!

What Guys Said 4

• Tall girls are hot.

• 5'11"? that's kind of short...

of course I'm 6'3", everyone is short to me.

• Lol I don't feel short. I think it's because I'm insecure and hate myself so I think something is wrong with me:'(

• i happen to prefer tall women. don't worry so much

• I will just focus on changing my face then thx for commenting

• All the short girls want to be tall and all the tall girls want to be short,irony. I like girls at any height and would love to date a tall girl, assuming you would want to date someone who is 5'6.

What Girls Said 8

• You can definitively wear heels if you want to ! I'm 5'10 and I still wear heels (3 or 4 inches) once in a while :) Don't let them tell you you're too tall to wear them, you can do what you want with your clothes !

Being tall has several advantages, such as : long legs often appear thinner, people notice you when you come in a room... You also have to height to be a model which means it's going to be easier for you to look slender and graceful.

In the end, you can change many things about yourself, but height is something you have to embrace. That's how you are made, be proud of it ! People who criticize your height are often, deep down, simply jealous.

Hold your head high, stand straight and be confident. That's the key :)

• Damn. Tall girls are sexy. They have those long legs...something that we short girls wish we could have. Besides I'm like 5'5 and I'm still pretty tall..but I do with I was your height or short like 5'2 besides...enjoy it...u are unique unlike us dwarf girls.

• Aww you poor thing! Well I'm here to tell you guys(at least my age)love tall girls. I don't know how tall you are but I'm nearly 6' and like I said,guys love tall girls:)

I'm currently seeing a guy who's a tad on the short side. It's a little weird but it's not like he's a midget. lol

• You get more attention. I'm pretty tall for a girl too. I'm almost 5'7 1/2. I don't know many girls that are much taller or even the same height. I don't think I'd change my height if I could, maybe an inch shorter just because of wearing heels. Finding a guy shouldn't be hard. Especially the older you get, the taller guys are. All my boyfriends have been 6'0 or 6'2, which is still a bit taller than you. I have a friend that's your height and I don't notice it because I'm tall too.

• But see that's where it's different:'( your like freakin gorgeous and guys will like you no matter what height you are. I good only dream that I could look like you. But that will never happen because I just see myself as a mistake that God made:'( I hare myself cause I'm so insecure but I can't help it when I look at myself in the mirror. I always think people are thinking godamn that girl is ugly:(

• I don't have the confidence that you have tho to just let it slide off. Ivwish I did but I don't. And I hope you don't think I'm doing this for attention or being annoying because what your saying is helpful. This is just how I feel.

• No don't worry, I understand

• You can't blame your height on being unsuccessful with guys

Guys like attractive girls PERIOD. Sure, most guys don't prefer tall girls, but an attractive girl is an attractive girl

• I wasn't blaming my height for not having a bf:( I also had said that I'm just ugly in general so that's probbaly why. If it sounded like I was saying "guys don't like me cause I'm tall but I'm still pretty" I know I'm not an attractive girl and that is something I'm struggling with. I'm not the kind of girl guys want because even when people say look don't matter but they do. I was just thinking maybe I would feel a bit better about my self if I was:'( sorry for the misunderstanding:'(

• you're not "tall and ugly"...you're tall and beautiful. own it.

get some confidence in yourself and guys will come around.

• Ugh I wish I felt beautiful:'(. Even if I was shorter I would still feel ugly.

• I've noticed that tall guys around me always go for tall girls. I've even heard them say "a short girl can look great in a picture, but not in real life", "I want tall healthy kids so naturally I only date tall girls", "I hardly notice short girls" and things like that. These are not my words, so please no offense to anyone. My best guy friend is 6'5 and he only dates women 5'11 and taller, he even told me I'd be too short for him although I'm not short at all. Many guys will love you and your height, it's best you learn to love yourself too!

• I'm trying to work on loving myself because I don't. its not just my height it's well everything

• dont worry about it, when I was your age I used to feel the same way but now I love my height.

• Did you feel weird wearing heels? And do you wear them now and feel fine and confident?:( I think it's cause I'm insecure with my face really