Girls: What is with the trend of liking feminine and boyish looking gentlemen?

It seems to me that very skinny men with feminine and metro features (see Bill Kaulitz) are a lot more coveted than then the traditional manly men (see Tom Hardy). Should I stop working out and buy skinny jeans and snoods

Most Helpful Girl

• I googled tom Hardy and omfg he's sexy as hayle...bill kaulitz isn't appealing at all, maybe for a shopping buddy, but tom Hardy is all man. I do not like feminine men at all,I like men more like tom because he's manly.

What Girls Said 6

• Boyishness is attractive because we associate it with youth. It's that whole "forever young" concept, just like how I've always had the biggest crush on Peter Pan. He's boyish and playful and sweet and adventurous and confident. A lot of girls like those qualities. I know I do. <3 I love dorky guys, like Matthew Gray Gubler (Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds).

link

That said, manly men are attractive, too. I just don't like guys like Channing Tatum because he's such a beefcake. Muscle is cool and all, but he has a very nondescript face.

Boyish face and muscular body = good combination.

link

I like a face and body, but face almost always wins over for me.

• Plenty of girls complain that guys look too feminine and that there aren't many "real men" around these days. You've got nothing to worry about, manly men are still in high demand :)

• That bill guy looks gay.

I don't know who Tom Hardy is and never heard of him before...just looked at his photos..

Would take him any day...over the gay guy. He still doesn't really fit my type though...he is still a bit of a pretty boy.

But when women like the gay looking guys I think it is for Narcissistic reasons...the female sees a reflection of their own femaleness in the metro-sexual guy..

• Its not really a trend its just now an open secret for some

• Its not a trend I always liked them

• Every decade has a metro phase

What Guys Said 2

• What's wrong with boyish looking men? :(

• Nothing is wrong with boyish looking men. I guess I'm a little jealous is all and I'm asking girls if I should alter certain things about myself or not.

• So this is why girls keep on looking at me all the time.

oops! Another four messages this morning.